Recent content by BrettL

1. B

Ammo in clip displays 0 when item unequipped

I'm not sure why this helped, but I unchecked "Can Switch To" on the "Melee Body" item under the "Body" item set rule, and now it appears to be working. I'm not sure if "Body" was some kind of transition state or what was happening, but I'll try to test this out some more and see if it's a long...
  2. B

Sorry to post on an older thread, but hopefully its contents will save some explanation. I seem to be having some issues with this approach (see attached image) after all. It works in most cases, but it doesn't always work when an item is already equipped and I drag another item into that slot...
  3. B

Alternate Mesh and Materials for Nolan Demo Character

Thanks for the suggestions!
  4. B

Alternate Mesh and Materials for Nolan Demo Character

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has created alternate meshes and materials to attach to the demo's Nolan character. I'm thinking that this would be the easiest way to continue using the animations included in the demo, but with a different looking humanoid character. Are these assets that I could...
  5. B

Version 2.4.1 Released

I'm experiencing the same issue in 2.4.5. Did you post a new thread on this that you could link me to? I'm using update for motor locomotion because fixedupdate creates other issues for me. I'm also using the new Unity Input System if that matters. Thanks!
  6. B

This appears to be working, let me know if you see any issues with it:
  7. B

I think that makes sense, although I'm still not sure how exactly to trigger the equip action instead of, or in addition to SmartExchange. I'm not seeing a setting on InventoryBridge to auto activate items when soft equipped.
  8. B

Nice, it looks like that fixed it, even after the other changes I made! Thanks for taking a deep dive and testing this out in the Demo. It looks like my issue with dragging and dropping items to equip them still isn't working, so that must be a separate issue. Should I create a new forum post...
  9. B

Ammo states in order: ... and it remains 12/1 for any further equips and unequips.
  10. B

So I think I made some progress with this. I realized that the ItemBinding was set to the wrong item category, so I changed that and added the AmmoData binding. This changed the behavior, but it's still not quite right. When I equip the weapon the first time, it eats up a full clip of bullets...
  11. B

P.S. I'm not sure if this could be a related issue with some binding not being set up correctly, but when I drag and drop the weapon to equip it, it doesn't equip it on the UCC character. However, If I select "Equip" from the drop-down after clicking on the item, it does equip it on the...
  12. B

Hi Sangemdoko, thanks for your quick reply. I'm using UIS 1.2.5 and UCC 2.4.5, so not the latest, but I would really prefer to not upgrade at this point. I'm not seeing WeaponAmmoDataBinding in this version, but I do see ShootableWeaponAmmoBinding, which I think may be the issue. I found that...
  13. B

When the weapon is equipped, it shows the clip ammo and total ammo correctly: However, when I unequip the weapon, the ammo in the clip shows 0, despite it still being in the pistol (it goes back to 12 if I equip it again). The clip size is consistent in the item's "ShootableWeapon" component...
  14. B

Character stuck on wall

Thanks for this quick fix! My character was catching on any little edge of a collider. I didn't see much of an improvement at the cutoff of 8.5 degrees, but it worked really well at 40 or even 60 degrees. I'm not sure how this works, and what the side effects might be, but it seems to be working...