Recent content by b152349

1. B

twisted, off center arms

Thank you buddy. I think this makes sense. Was maybe unreasonable of me to expect this to work without figuring out the animations/model myself - just wasn't clear to me since I'm just getting into game development.
  2. B

twisted, off center arms

Thanks Justin. So to use this asset for first person melee games, we need either first person animations custom built for this asset (or maybe just for first person in general) or a model set up just like nolan that can use your FirstPersonDemo animator? Edit: If so, how hard would it be to...
  3. B

twisted, off center arms

@Justin Thanks. when I try to open the fpcscene I get "Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package" I'm using unity version 2018.2.17f1 Hard to tell since it's only a few seconds long, but looking at the video it seems you're having the same problem. It's not the attack...
  4. B

twisted, off center arms

Sure! Showed the entire setup and how the arms are positioned strangely even using Nolan. Not sure if its the character controller or the fps mesh rig. Thanks a lot for taking a look. I appreciate it.
  5. B

twisted, off center arms

They do share the same object and I haven't added any of my own animations, just the default swing. If the fps mesh tool guy will let you try his asset you will be able to reproduce this with any model and then maybe it can be resolved. I've tried three different models and it's happened with...
  6. B

twisted, off center arms

Tried other models created from fps mesh and same issue. I'm wondering if this is just the result of using the firstpersoncontrollerdemo animator, and it's just sticking the arms in the aiming animation after the first swing or something.
  7. B

twisted, off center arms

Yes. I can move the arms around using that but the real problem is the arms position and rotation relative to each other. It doesn't seem to be so horrible until my characters first attack when it transitions to the fighting stance.
  8. B

twisted, off center arms

I'm having trouble with my arms created from FPS Mesh tool and https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/humanoids/adam-and-eva-base-characters-37507 The arms are twisted and off-center to the model, especially after the first attack. Please see this video: What would cause this...
  9. B

Asset store arms that would work with demo animator?

Thank you! I did finally get it working. Do you know why the bow and arrow animations aren't working with it? I was planning to use those.
  10. B

Setup of fps arms

Alright. It's fixed. Nothing to do with fps mesh tool. Was breaking for Nolan's arms too. I was using the 'Sword' itemtype from DemoItemCollection. When I switched to an item type created from scratch everything started working.
  11. B

Setup of fps arms

Like I said in my last comment I did try it without the empty base object. I tried it with the arms created directly from fps mesh tool which were created from a humanoid rigged model but they themselves don't show rigging options in the inspector because none of the objects created with fps...
  12. B

Setup of fps arms

It's an empty game object I've created. It's two children are the output of fps mesh tool. Someone had mentioned needing to do that. I'll try removing that. I tried without the pivot object and instead just using the direct arms-only output from fps mesh tool created from the humanoid-rigged...
  13. B

Setup of fps arms

Thanks @Justin . Interesting.. when I use that controller the entire first person object and all of its children become invisible at runtime. Not sure if I should be creating a separate thread. Let me know if you want this moved. Here's a video of my entire setup starting from character...
  14. B

Thanks again. Once/if I get this working I'll post a video with the entire process from creating the segments with fps mesh tool all the way to getting the sword and animation working (which is what I wish I had right now). I'll have to find that link to the discord server.
  15. B

Oh.. I didn't understand that. I thought they had to be generic to work. For use with fps mesh tool arms, which animator controller would I use? From what I read here: https://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/setup-of-fps-arms.303/ , FirstPersonDemo is meant specifically for Nolan...