Recent content by AndrewSidereal

1. AndrewSidereal

SetTrigger node is setting the trigger *many* times rather than once.

I think this may be an issue with how the Wait node is working. May be a bug in my code. Thanks for talking through it.
  2. AndrewSidereal

It should repeat, but only once per loop. There are "seek" and "wait" nodes to the left of the "SetTrigger" node. So my intention is that the behavior seeks, then once it reaches the target, it waits for a few seconds, then the SetTrigger should fire *once* and loop back to the beginning of the...
  3. AndrewSidereal

This video shows the behavior in its entirety. You can skip to 48sec to see the console logging of the trigger being set again & again. What I need is the node to set the trigger exactly once, then move to the next node. Based on the tree and the node's code, this looks to be what should be...
  4. AndrewSidereal

How to change swim/underwater speeds?

I've been looking everywhere, but can't spot it. I'm looking for the equivalent of these settings for swimming:
  5. AndrewSidereal

How do I control my character's move speed?

Arg. Same here. It should be called Velocity.
  6. AndrewSidereal

Is there an event which fires when player enters/exits water?

I am using Crest and successfully integrated it with the Swimming Pack. I'm looking to disable some aspects of gameplay when the player is in the water, and wondering if UCC has an event it fires when entering/exiting the water. In other words, when swimming begins/ends. I can just check the...
  7. AndrewSidereal

Event when menu opened & closed?

I attempted this based on your post and the documentation, but nothing is being fired. Here's how I'm registering for the event: It requires you pass an object as the first param. It's ambiguous what this should be. I passed in the Inventory parent-most game object, as well as what seemed to...
  8. AndrewSidereal

How can I disable opening the Main Menu at runtime?

I've looked everywhere but can't find it. Any tips on how to search for a specific component type, or other ways to find it?
  9. AndrewSidereal

How can I disable opening the Main Menu at runtime?

I tried setting its toggle key to "none" via C#, but no dice. There are times in my game when I want to simply disable the ability for the player to open up the main menu. private KeyCode MenuOpenKeyCode = KeyCode.None; public void SetMenuEnabled(bool isEnabled) {...
  10. AndrewSidereal

Event when menu opened & closed?

I need to execute some logic whenever then main menu (where is shows tabs for inventory, exit, etc) is opened or closed. How can I hook that event? Thank you
  11. AndrewSidereal

How to allow cursor while during pop-up?

Great! That worked. Follow-up question. It's still showing: 1) the reticle/cross-hairs 2) the interact text is shown Screenshot: What's the recommended way to hide each and subsequently toggle them back on via C#?
  12. AndrewSidereal

How to allow cursor while during pop-up?

I have pop-ups which are shown in-game (basically just a canvas which is shown). But, since I'm using First Person Controller, the cursor is hidden and controls where the player is looking. When a pop-up is opened, I would like to release the cursor and have it able to click on UI elements and...
  13. AndrewSidereal

How to disable ALL interaction until game loads?

While my game is loading, I need to prevent the player from being able to interact at all -- e.g. opening the inventory, pressing "1" to use the first hotbar item, etc. What's the best way to disable ALL inventory interaction and then re-enable it after the game loads? I experimented with...
  14. AndrewSidereal

Prevent ALL input (during load screen)

While my game is loading, I need to prevent the player from being able to interact at all -- e.g. mouse looks around, forward/back key moves, etc. How can I best disable ALL character input? Then, re-enabling it after the game loads. I experimented with disabling the EventSystem, but it didn't...