Recent content by AKB

1. A

My projectiles are sometimes getting stuck to my "shield" - weird exceptions in AnimatorAudioState

Thanks. I Initially tried, saw that the Use ability could only listen to 3 slots max (debug log) and moved on but looking at it again it might still be able to track the generic event if I need it. Does the Ultimate Inventory System integrated with UCC solve any of these problems? That is, can...
  2. A

Pickup item w/animation questions/issues

Thanks Andrew, it'd be a good feature to have I think. Hopefully I can get to this today and do some testing and see what workaround I can get working.
  3. A

My projectiles are sometimes getting stuck to my "shield" - weird exceptions in AnimatorAudioState

OK I have updated and the errors are in the same place. I managed to get some time to do some debugging and the exceptions were happening because m_Item of the shield was null. I had not put an Item component on my shield. I hadn't done this because I didn't want my Item to actually be an item -...
  4. A

Hi Andrew. That's exactly what I was doing - using the animations to drive the pickup. However my issue is that the item gets removed from the scene before it's actually picked up by the event. I expected the pickup and removal of the item to actually happen at the same time.
  5. A

Unity: 2021.2.0f UCC: 2.4.2 Hi there. I am noticing that some of my Projectile GameObjects would stick to my shield when they hit. I have a bit of a custom setup in that I have created some meteors that have Projectile components but these are not fired from the normal ShootableWeapon (info...
  6. A

Thanks Andrew. These could be worthy additions to the plugin to be honest. I can see many cases where you might want to pickup an item AFTER the animation has run its course, and also to be able to do it without the EquipUnequip for items you pickup "physically" (Animated, user driven) but...
  7. A

Hi there. So, I was having a really hard time getting animations to play when using the PickupItem ability. The item would disappear OK but no animation ID would be set and hence no animations would fire. I found this thread which pointed me in a good direction, such that animations happen now...
  8. A

Pickup Animation not always triggering with different pickup items

Thanks, sorry I didn't notice this was the UIS integrations. Will post there.
  9. A

Struggling with a Resource Drain type ability

Just to follow up. What I found was because I was chaining abilities in a custom ability of mine, what happened when I fired the use button was that even though my outer ability was still running, the use ability stopped, because the normal Stop condition (Fire button up) was positive so it just...
  10. A

Hi there. I am just using UCC without UIS and my pickup animations don't play. In fact I don't even see the animator parameter change so it seems the index isn't being set. This is my config. FYI: I tried with or without WaitForAnimationEvent checked and even the delay doesn't happen (Picked...
  11. A

Thanks Andrew. A couple more things if I may Regarding the OnDeath event, would the best place be to monitor that be my custom action (Given it is an action that uses DetectObjectAbilityBase so has a detected object. And then if that object is dead, stop itself? Second, if I wanted my actual...
  12. A

Is there an easy way to get DetectObjectAbilityBase actions to make character turn towards detected?

Hi. I understand my ability won't do that and maybe it was a red herring to mention DetectObjectAbilityBase (I need my custom ability to be dependent on detecting something), but how would I then get my character to turn towards (NOTE, not Move Towards) it first, before performing the main...
  13. A

So what I am trying to accomplish is an action that, when I walk up to some resource, I can hit a button which equips an item and starts draining from it - like a mining tool would. When the button is released, the mining stops. So far I have some stuff working but others are hair-pulling and I...
  14. A

Is there an easy way to get DetectObjectAbilityBase actions to make character turn towards detected?

I've made my own DetectObjectAbilityBase derived action and I'd like to know if there's a simple way to get the player to rotate and face the target before the action happens or do I have to do that manually (Ideally I want a hand of the character to face it, if possible)? If the latter how can...
  15. A

I may be seeing the same thing here. I made a pickup item and wanted my character to animate before the item gets picked up (removed) but the animation isn't firing. Looking at the code, before any animations might fire I see this. m_ItemPickup.DoItemPickup(m_GameObject...