Why is this branch with an abort rule not running?

modavi

Hi, I'm having trouble with a behaviour tree I've been working on, and can't quite figure out why the circled branch wouldn't be running. The selectTarget sequence has an abort type of lower priority (as you can see with the icon) and the "HasTarget" is returning Failure (being inverted to turn it into Success). I would expect this branch to abort the "Parallel Selector" branch that is idling currently, but it's not. I've confirmed that my HasTarget action is evaluating every frame with a breakpoint and returning the expected value, but it's still not progressing on to the "Select Target" action in the red circle. Anybody have any ideas?

Attachments

• BHVRTree.png
    BHVRTree.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 5
Has Target is currently being reevaluated by conditional aborts based on the task status. Conditional aborts trigger when the status changes, not necessarily only when the task returns success (or failure). From your tree it looks like at one point in time Has Target returned failure, which then called Select Target. The branch will trigger again when Has Target returns success, but it won't do anything because of that inverter.