When I am too close to an enemy while i fire off a magic projectile, the projectile bounces off of it immediately doing no damage.

zoicelols

When I am too close to an enemy while i fire off a magic projectile, the projectile bounces off of it immediately doing no damage. When I mean too close I mean leaning against the enemy and firing directly onto them.
This sends the projectile in the opposite direction as well as if reflect were on but it is not. What might cause this?

Can you try reproducing this in the demo scene with one of the demo magic projectile prefabs (e.g. the Fireball)?

FYI: the MagicProjectile component inherits from TrajectoryObject, which defines how the object will react when colliding with other objects. There is a CollisionMode.Reflect, which might be getting set.

In the demo scene it does reflect the fireball off of them when I stand too close like face to face.

Create a new character, check the ai box and add the damage visualization ability. Drop that character into the magic room, stand as close as you can leaning against the dummy and keep attacking with the fireball.