Weapons Will Zoom, But Not Fire

tjaele

So the Demo for this works great, everything works as it should. So from this baseplate, I tried moving the character "Nolan" into a new scene (with everything else implemented) and it all works good, except for one thing. This one thing is that weapons will zoom, grenades will show throw tracer, but nothing is actually firing. So I am very confused about how I can fix this, any help is appreciated, thanks!

A few things that can be checked:
- First just double check that you've run the input setup (Tools -> Opsive -> Ultimate Character Controller -> Main Manager -> Setup -> Project -> Update Buttons).
- Then check if the Use ability is actually getting activated or not - you can check this by watching it in the inspector and seeing if it has "(Active)" next to it when attempting to use an item.
- Also use the character's Animator Monitor to "Log Events" to get more info on if any of the expected animation events (e.g. OnAnimatorItemUse) are being called.

A few things that can be checked:
- First just double check that you've run the input setup (Tools -> Opsive -> Ultimate Character Controller -> Main Manager -> Setup -> Project -> Update Buttons).
- Then check if the Use ability is actually getting activated or not - you can check this by watching it in the inspector and seeing if it has "(Active)" next to it when attempting to use an item.
- Also use the character's Animator Monitor to "Log Events" to get more info on if any of the expected animation events (e.g. OnAnimatorItemUse) are being called.
"Use" event is not being activated, is there anything I can do to troubleshoot that?

It does show that "Aim" is set as active when I hold down right-click, although it doesn't actually switch it for the Assault Rifle, yet will for the Pistol.

When I used the Animator Monitor, all it did was say "Changed Slot0ItemSubstateIndex to 0 on GameObject Nolan." when I right clicked.

Last edited:
Nevermind! Thank you for your help, but I must have glitched something out on the transition of trying to learn some new things, I fixed it by simply just redoing it all over again; moving the object from the demo scene into mine and it just worked.