Weapon position during Crouch

Viktor

I have added crouch preset, but hands are rising up, when I switch to the crouch state and vice versa. Is it possible to fix without changing animation ?

1708722319658.png

Attachments

• ezgif-5-3e213d9385.gif
    ezgif-5-3e213d9385.gif
    576.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
You are using the FPS Mesh Tool, correct? For this you will need to change the animator controller that the first person arms use - the animator has the character crouching which is where that movement comes from. You should be able to just remove that state.

Hey, yes, I am using FPS Mesh Tool. Thanks, I removed crouch state from FPSController and it looks much better, but now I have issue with reloading ? It goes down during animation.

Attachments

• Знімок екрана 2024-02-26 204705 (1).png
    Знімок екрана 2024-02-26 204705 (1).png
    412.1 KB · Views: 5
Also, after "Exit" weapon in crouch state it goes to the wrong position.

Before "Exit":
Before.png

After: After.png

Attachments

• ezgif-4-33c6c42af1.gif
    ezgif-4-33c6c42af1.gif
    942.8 KB · Views: 2
That's a similar problem - for better results you will need to replace the animation as the animation wasn't designed to work with the FPS Mesh Tool. For the best results you should use your own generic animations that are rigged to your characters hands.

In a perfect world, sure, better to use specific animations for the generic rig, but I can't effort it for now, and by the way current humanoid animations cover almost all my needs for TPS and FPS, just need to find some workaround to fix those issues, in general it looks already cool :)
So, do you suggest just replace "crouch" and "reload" for the FPS ? Or, maybe, there is some easier way how to fix, like creating "reloading" state preset, but for the positioning after the "weapon exit", have no idea, what I can do ?

So, do you suggest just replace "crouch" and "reload" for the FPS ? Or, maybe, there is some easier way how to fix, like creating "reloading" state preset, but for the positioning after the "weapon exit", have no idea, what I can do ?
You will need to replace the animations. Just using the state system won't be enough.

By the way, is it possible to convert your generic animations (tool: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/animation-converter-107688), that you have used in demo for the FPS to use with my own humanoid or generic hands ?
Interesting, I haven't seen that tool before. If it does what it says then it could work, but that's the first time that I've seen it so I'm not able to definitively say that it will work.

Yeah, I have tried, this is possible only if you can change 'generic' to 'humanoid', obviously, with hands it's not possible, because, they have completely another rig ? This tool works good with humanoid characters, which has generic rig and has ability of switching to humanoid. Then you can convert generic animations as well.