Using Shader instead of Texture for Water

Arachai

The v3 Demo uses a water texture for the foot and bullet splash effects... how can I use a shader instead of a texture for the same effect? Say I want to use Aquas or Gaia's water; both are shaders. How can I get the foot splash and bullet hit splash effect to work with these water types?

This is outside the scope of the swimming pack. The swim ability will spawn a particle effect for the splash and it doesn't care what the particle effect actually is.

This is outside the scope of the swimming pack. The swim ability will spawn a particle effect for the splash and it doesn't care what the particle effect actually is.
Unfortunately I am not talking about the swimming pack; I am talking specifically about shooting the water or walking in shallow water. The demo water uses a texture (in the Game Textures for grass, dirt, etc.) for this so when you shoot the water the bullet hit creates a splash; or if my foot hits the water it creates a splash. I don't want to use a generic texture for my water I am wanting to use Aquas which is shader based.

Ah, I see. This will require modifications to the surface system. I can add this to my list but it likely won't be until we add something like Aquas integration before I can take a look at it.