Upper body IK issues

Cheo

Hello, I'm trying to play a takedown animation while hanging but it can't be played correctly because of the Character IK component. I don't understand how changing the Upper body index removes the ik when I have a state setting all values to 0, does the Character IK script do things to the upper body no matter what ?

I may be mistaken about the Enabled properties at the end, it is available on abilities but not on whole components, I guess that wouldn't make sense because they probably need to be enabled to receive state changes.

Separate weight values for each hand - or even each limb - may make the Character IK component and states twice longer, but I honestly think this option should be accessible out of the box.

Hope you can take a look at this, thanks in advance.

The Hang ability will override any CharacterIK settings. This is why your weights aren't changing the results. A good feature request would be to expose a property within Hang that specifies if IK should be overridden. I will add that to my list but it'll be easy to add to Hang.UpdateIKRotationPosition and just return early if the bool is enabled.

Thanks, I was wondering indeed if this was only related to the hang ability. I'll try adding this property tonight and share it if I make it work.

Okay so I followed your suggestion and created a very simple bool like this in Hang :

C#:
        [SerializeField] protected bool m_UseIK = true;
        public bool UseIK { get { return m_UseIK; } set { m_UseIK = value; } }

And then at the top of UpdateIKRotationPosition :

Code:
            if (!m_UseIK)
            {
                return;
            }

This'll do for the moment. You can see the effects on this video :

The player character is allowed to move her right arm backwards but her left hand is no long fixed on the ledge, and her feet would need some offset as well. I can always try adding these options myself but I still think this kind of stuff should be available out of the box.

For specific changes like this I do recommend subclassing the Hang ability and adding in your modifications. Right now I am not adding new features and am just making sure everything is working properly so I don't have an estimate for when I'll be able to add it.