Ultimate Inventory Save, Items Return

After introducing a collection item, and saving the progress, when the game is loaded from the save menu, the collection item is available to be picked up again. This allows the player to save, restart, and collect many of the same items.

Can one please direct me to instructions as to make sure collected items are marked as collected and will not show again when that scene is loaded from the saved menu?

There are multiple ways you can go about this.

Recently someone asked for a similar feature of saving the content of the picked up items after they were picked up. It's not in the latest release but it is implemented on my side.

If you don't need the gameobject to be active after picked up. The other option that is already in place is using the GameObjectSaver component:

This will allow you to save the objects active/inactive state.
So you could setup a pickup in the scene. and instead of destroying it on pickup (which is the default when the deactivate option is ticked), you could instead deactivate the pickup using the OnPickupSuccess Unity event in the pickup inspector.
Then the GameObjectSaver will automatically save that state for that object with it's unique key (you'll need a unique key for each pickup).

That's probably the easiest solution for non-coders.
For coders you could make a custom script that is tasked to manage all pickups and remember which ones were picked up etc...

Thank you for your help, honestly, so many others just ignore helping their clients.

I have tried what you suggested in every combination of Game Object Saver configurations that I THINK would apply. I have tried Save Active State, Save Destroyed State, and Save Component Enabled State and all variations of those 3. On loading the scene after save, the object still remains to be collected again. I hope I am missing somethings very simple.

Please help. Thank you.

Attachments

• inventory 01.png
    inventory 01.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 2
  • inventory 02.png
    inventory 02.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 2
This option will destroy the pickup completely
1686899855843.png

So could you try saving on destroy:
1686899893558.png

If that does not work, please let me know and I'll try to implement a working example in the demo featue scenes.

Another approach would be to not destroy the pickup by ticking the deactivate option to false. And instead just disable it by setting gameobject SetActive false, within the OnPickup Success function