UIS + TPC + Unity new input system, Open and close panel issues

Grannyboy

Recently I decided to stop postponing the inveitable and I upgraded my project to the new input system. Everything regarding the controller seems to work properly but there is a major issue with the opening and closing (toggle) of the UIS UI.

In the UIS Demo scene it works as intended when converting to the new input system. But as soon as you have an character made with the TPC system it stops working as intended.

When this setting is checked, it disables the input scripts of your character. Thus rendering it impossible to close the panel with the toggle button since all inputs are disabled.
1690442764324.png

1690442860243.png

My guess is that input gets enabled when you select the Gameplay Panel, but to reach the gameplay panel you need to toggle off the inventory/equipment panel with the Player Input system, but that is disabled.

I cant replicate this with the Demo scene player character, but as soon as I try this with my TPC character the issue arises.

I will keep on investigating and try to find the root cause of this perculiar issue.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the event "OnEnableGameplayInput" disables the Player Input script as well.
1690444093463.png
1690444115861.png

Is this the reason why the demo player character dosent get the Player Input disabled but the TPC character does?

This issue is more complicated than I expected.
I am still looking into it. It might take awhile before I get it fixed.
But I will find a solution before the next udpate