There is a problem with creating weapons and items.

cangcloud

I have noticed that when I create weapons or items with my own model, the material is deleted or not created. Please fix this as soon as possible.

You can see my screenshot. I created an axe melee weapon, but the weapon material created was deleted or the weapon material was not created at all. I hope you can fix this problem as soon as possible.

This is not an Opsive issue. I do not want to sound rude, but if you don’t know how to apply materials to meshes, I suggest going through the beginner Unity tutorials on the subject. This screenshot is also mostly irrelevant to the issue. The weapons are rendered at a Perspective level. Even if the Project folder shows as pink (missing material) the base FBX is what is displayed.

Now that I think about it - did you place the MODEL into the perspective object field, instead of an FBX?

At time 00:34 you are selecting the prefab. Make sure you select the model file instead (the fbx). This will then allow things to work properly.

Are you using Universal RP or HDRP? I am not able to reproduce what you are seeing.

Interesting, ok. I will add it as a feature to be able to use a prefab instead of just the model file and that should help this situation. Before I release this change I'll send it to you for testing to be sure it works with your use case. As a workaround for now you can just assign the material.

Interesting, ok. I will add it as a feature to be able to use a prefab instead of just the model file and that should help this situation. Before I release this change I'll send it to you for testing to be sure it works with your use case. As a workaround for now you can just assign the material.
What version did you test on? This may be related to the latest unity editor. The latest unity editor may have been modified, which is why this problem appears. More people will use the latest unity editor.