Rewired & Third Person Controller Integration Not Working: Compiler Errors Upon Import

Lunars_Aid

I've been using the Third Person Controller and, earlier today, I purchased Rewired & imported it into my project.

To get Rewired to work with the Third Person Controller, I downloaded the integration pack from Opsive's website.

I imported the integration pack into my project:

index.php

And I got a ton of errors! The errors have to do with the RewiredInput.cs script, so they persist even after I clear/restart my console:

Code:
Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\Rewired\RewiredInput.cs(9,25): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Input' does not exist in the namespace 'Opsive.Shared' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\Rewired\RewiredInput.cs(16,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PlayerInput' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\Rewired\RewiredInput.cs(53,33): error CS0115: 'RewiredInput.Awake()': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\Rewired\RewiredInput.cs(86,30): error CS0115: 'RewiredInput.IsPointerOverUI()': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\Rewired\RewiredInput.cs(127,33): error CS0115: 'RewiredInput.GetButtonInternal(string)': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\Rewired\RewiredInput.cs(137,33): error CS0115: 'RewiredInput.GetButtonDownInternal(string)': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\Rewired\RewiredInput.cs(147,33): error CS0115: 'RewiredInput.GetButtonUpInternal(string)': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\Rewired\RewiredInput.cs(157,34): error CS0115: 'RewiredInput.GetAxisInternal(string)': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\Rewired\RewiredInput.cs(167,34): error CS0115: 'RewiredInput.GetAxisRawInternal(string)': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\Rewired\RewiredInput.cs(176,33): error CS0115: 'RewiredInput.GetMousePosition()': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\Rewired\RewiredInput.cs(185,33): error CS0115: 'RewiredInput.EnableGameplayInput(bool)': no suitable method found to override

Here are a couple things I know/observed:
  • I'm using Unity 2020.2.1.f1
  • After the integration pack for the Third Person Controller didn't work, I deleted it & replaced it with the integration pack for the Ultimate Character Controller. Nothing changed - I still received the same errors.
  • The RewiredInput.cs script appears to want to access the Opsive.Shared.Input folder, which doesn't exist. See screenshots below:

Screenshot 1.pngScreenshot 2.png

Attachments

• Import.png
    Import.png
    40 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Hey Justin - just wanted to say thank you because now the integration works perfectly!

I also wanted to say thank you for the v2.3 update. V2.3 works so much better on unity v2020.2.1 - all of the glitches I had with v2.2 disappeared instantly with this update! I can't tell you how much of a huge relief this update is.

Thanks for your dedication to this tool!

@Justin I get the errors above as @Lunars_Aid did.

I have got latest package and the integration.

Still that folder path Opsive/Shared/Input doesn't exist...

Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\InputSystem\UnityInputSystem.cs(17,51): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Input' does not exist in the namespace 'Opsive.Shared' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\InputSystem\UnityInputSystem.cs(30,33): error CS0115: 'UnityInputSystem.CanCheckForController': no suitable method found to override
Assets\Opsive\Shared\Integrations\InputSystem\UnityInputSystem.cs(54,33): error CS0115: 'UnityInputSystem.Awake()': no suitable method found to override
and so on all 'no suitable method to override...'

It looks like you are running an old version of the controller. Make sure the Welcome Manager says 2.3.2 at the bottom. For the package manager you may need to clear the cache:

Note: The Unity Package Manager doesn’t always import the most recent update after you download the asset. Ensure you are getting the latest by removing the package cache from the Asset Store download folder.

After you import the latest make sure you install the package from the tools menu.

Yeah some help on discord shows issues with package manager.

I might have to try a later unity version with a better package manager, it just refuses to update. Thanks