Player wont walk & jump correctly on start unless dropped in at height

Silver100

Hope you can help,

Not sure why, but I have to drop my player in at a height of at least 5 on the Y axis height, on a level or the player doesn't quite ground correctly wont jump. I only notice recently when creating a rideable character hopping on and off above 5 Y axis is more noticeable (as in the video below). Basically the player cant start with Y axis 0. if 5 or above all is fine. I have compared to the demo settings, which look mostly the same with gravity 0.2f. I have noticed that the capsule collider is small and just ankle height between the my players feet - as per default after rigging but is this normal? however In the demo the capsule covers all of Atlas's body. I haven't changed the capsule settings after creating in the Opsive main manager. Matching the capsule size as in demo doesn't resolve either. Is there a cause & simple solution here, to allow the player to start at 0 on the Y axis and jump normally?

Last edited:
I haven't seen this before and am not sure what would cause it. If you can tell me how to reproduce it within a fresh project that'll give me a better idea. I just tried starting the character on the ground and it worked. All of the add-ons start at 0 and also in my videos I start the character at 0 so it does sound like something else is triggering it.