Player Stuck at wall Corner

Shanmukh

Hi Justin
Every time player moving to wall corners. player struck at that position. player collider not sliding from the corner.
I mostly observe this problem when there is a wall corner and step at the bottom.
if I change direction more, then the only player can able to move. else struck at that position.

please watch this video

is I need to change any collision settings to player?

Last edited:
Could be an issue with the collision mesh of the object (e.g. the stairs, doorway), if it's a complex collision mesh instead of a simple box then the character might be getting caught in edges. Also the character might be getting stuck unable to step over a collider on the floor (e.g. the stairs' steps, and in the doorway I noticed there's a small ledge at the bottom), so maybe adjust the character's Step Height.

thank you
I change step height, but it's not working.
and also there is a very small step only in the doorway. that position also stuck.

the player can move smoothly to stairs if there is no side corner.
and colliders are also simple only box colliders.

It looks like your step height is slightly larger than your characters radius so this is going to cause problems. You can either increase the radius of your collider or add a sloped transparent mesh that the character steps on instead of the stairs.

hi, I experimented on both step height and collider radius. but it not work.
Capture.JPG
and I tested on, set a plane above stairs, then also not working
Capture 3.JPG
and also player can't slide, if collided by small out side wall (example building Piller).
player stuck at the every edge of the pillar.
Capture 4.JPG

Last edited:
This looks related to this:

In your above image you are getting two debug lines which means the character can't climb up the stairs. You should increase the slope limit or remove the slide ability.