New User over 300 missing scripts

nickfre0

I created a new project and improted behavior designer, movement, and the unltimate character controller package that it says to download. it says i am missing 388 scripts. Ive been trying to figure it out for a while and im not sure what im missing. The website wont accept my invoice number anymore, but i have the character controller already downloaded.

The character controller / Behavior Designer integration is required for the Deathmatch AI Kit to work. This can be downloaded from the website with your Behavior Designer invoice number. If it says no invoice found try again in a private window.

Hi there, I think I'm encountering the same issue as nickfre0. I made a new Unity project using Unity version 2022.3.10 and URP, imported the packages in this order: Behavior Designer, Behavior Designer Movement Pack, Ultimate Character Controller, and after putting in my invoice number, Ultimate Character Controller Demo under Download for Third Person Controller. Is that last one the character controller / Behavior Designer integration you mentioned? After that I imported Deathmatch AI Kit and got 286 errors that mostly look like this:

Assets\Opsive\DeathmatchAIKit\Scripts\Game\CoverPoint.cs(10,18): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Shared' does not exist in the namespace 'Opsive' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Is there a step I'm missing here maybe? Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Is that last one the character controller / Behavior Designer integration you mentioned
No, it's the Ultimate Character Controller integration when you enter your Behavior Designer invoice. You should not enter your Third Person Controller invoice. This page has the image of the integration that you want to download:

Thanks so much for your reply! I was able to put in my Behavior Designer invoice number and download the Ultimate Character Controller integration package you referenced. I imported the packages in this order: Behavior Designer, Behavior Designer Movement Pack, Ultimate Character Controller, Ultimate Character Controller integration (after which I had 83 errors) and finally the Deathmatch AI Kit, after which I have 344 errors. Looks like most if not all of these errors look like the one I mentioned, like this:

Assets\Behavior Designer\Integrations\UltimateCharacterController\Scripts\SharedItemDefinitionBase.cs(1,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Shared' does not exist in the namespace 'Opsive' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Looks like it's having trouble finding these in the code:

Opsive.Shared
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Traits
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory

And potentially others of this nature as well. Is there maybe another package or packages I need to import? I can try deleting this sample project and starting over with a new one as well. Thanks!

Did you install the Ultimate Character Controller after downloading it? The Shared directory is located in Opsive/Shared after the controller is installed. I would start with a fresh project and import things in the following order:

- Behavior Designer
- Behavior Designer - Movement Pack
- Ultimate Character Controller (and install)
- Behavior Designer / Ultimate Character Controller integration
- Deathmatch AI Kit

If you follow this order you should never get any compiler errors.

Installing the Ultimate Character Controller after importing it worked! Got rid of all the compiler errors and I'm able to look at the behavior trees now, thank you so much!