More powerful states and attributes

Absent83

Hallo Justin!
I want to propose you to extend attributes and states.

1. It will be greate if attributes in attribute manager can cast different states depends on attribute value.
For excample, if health is lower than 50, attribute manager cast state "ill", and different ucc components can activate corresponding state with their own presets.

The number of states, their names and the corresponding value ranges must be customizable.

In another worlds attributes must have states like abilities:
1545755669309.png

and not only the one state, but customizable count of states. Something like this:
1545752357400.png

2. The next proposal is to make states not only to switch component values, but and to add or multiply.
Use not only "=" operator, but "+" and "*" operators (type operator should be customizable).
I think that feature of operator customization should be into the presets and separate for different fields, something like this:
1545754919130.png

This feater will give also more oppotunities for using abilities.

For excample, I have:

1 new version of attribute (see point 1 ) "health", which cast state "ill"
2 new version of attribute "stamina", which cast state "weak"

Then I create two presets for "UltimateCharacterLocomotion", which multiply "motor acceleration" on customized value.
So two states will influence on the component simultaneously.
For excample for X component = 0.18 * 0.5 (ill) * 0.6 (weak).
or X component = 0.18 - 0.06 (ill) - 0.01 (weak).
or even maybe X component = 0.18 - 0.06 (ill) * 0.07 (weak) (order of operations is set by order of states (with presets) in "UltimateCharacterLocomotion".

1545752918708.png

Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
Justin, what do you think about these features of attributes and states?

In current situation for realization attribute "stamina" I should create a new script (component) lika a "CharacterHealth.cs" to implement influence of stamina value on the other charactet components.

But if you implement these functions, people will be able to do different things without programming.

Or maybe there is another way to force attributes to other ucc components? Please point out, what is the easiest way to implement "stamina" with described features in current version of UCC.

Last edited:
I have written your suggestions down :)

Right now I think having a new component/ability which modifies the stamina is the right way to go. This will prevent you from needing to overwrite any of the included scripts.

Thank you!

But I need to implement some attributes except stamina (hungry, thirst), which can change parameters of different ucc components.

So can you describe what is more flexible and easy way to implement for excample "stamina" with described features of changing motor acceleratiob in current version of UCC.

If you want to change motor acceleration based on a stamina value I would create a new ability that manually sets the acceleration value. You'll want to make sure you don't have any presets that override that acceleration value though otherwise the value will be updated to that value.