Melee Weapon not Repsonding

nitrox32

I'm having a problem with getting the sword to respond in first person. I have followed the video on first person setup. Everything works like is should after the video. After that I created a new item collection and added it to the Item Set Manager as shown in the Item Type Creation video. I created a new item (MySword) and left all of the settings alone. Here are the steps that I'm taking to create the problem from there.

1) Open the Item in the Character Manager
2) Fill in the name: NolanSword
3) Set the Item Type to: MySword
4) Drag Nolan from the Hierarchy into the Character field
5) Change the Animator Item ID to 22
6) Drag NolanFirstPersonArms in the First Person Base
7) Set the Animator Controller to FirstPersonArmsDemo
8) Drag the Sword into the Hierarchy from .....UCC->Demo->Models->Items->Melee->Sword
9) Drag the sword from the Hierarchy into the First Person Visible Item
10) Drill down the the NolanFirstPersonArms to ORG-hand_R and drag it into the Item Parent
11) Click Add Item Slot
12) I leave the Animator Controller for the First Person Visible Item set to None
13) Uncheck Add Third Person Item because I'm not using Third Person
14) Set Action Type to Melee Weapon and leave everything else as is.
15) Click Build Item

Start the scene everything works except when after a few swings the sword stops responding. I'm using unity 2019.1 and UCC 2.1.3. I should also mention that the Nolan's Item Collection is also being used by another NPC.

Last edited:
When you say that the sword stops responding do you mean that you can no longer attack? If so check the Use/Use Complete events on the sword - I would compare those fields to the fields on the demo scene sword.

I got it. For some reason lowering the Stop Use Ability Delay helped and unchecking Wait for Animation in both the Use Event/Complete Event. I was looking for a rapid response time in the sword animation.