Leg twitches when trying to play animation for an ability

Hi all,

So I have this ability that allows the player to push an object. The actual process of pushing is working, but I have an issue with the animation. It sets to use 50 as its ability index. I also added the animation to the animator under the Fully Body layer:

Animator.JPG

But when I run the ability, I get the following result:

Before the animation plays, the left leg sort of twitches, and then the animation plays. It's as if another animation is still playing and only then does it switch. Am I doing something wrong here? Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm not seeing the twitching, at what time in the video is it at? During that time you could check to ensure the correct animation is playing - maybe it's the transition between the previous and the current animation?

I'm not seeing the twitching, at what time in the video is it at? During that time you could check to ensure the correct animation is playing - maybe it's the transition between the previous and the current animation?

I have recorded a second video since the first one isn't a good example:

In this case, the animation half plays but it seems to be blended in with another animation. At the end, there's a recording of what the animation is meant to look like from Mixamo. There's no leg twitching in this example though, just the animation isn't playing correctly.

Actually, it does seem to be a transitional issue. The animation is spamming at the first transition, but when the ability stops, it plays the animation correctly. Am I missing another condition somewhere? I'm using the AbilityIndex, which is obviously the correct first step as the animation does technically play, but it seems to be transition too many times :unsure:

EDIT:
Spoke too soon, I added the AbilityChange to the transition and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks @Justin for the suggestions.

Last edited: