Item Drop Height

I have a character in the game scene that, upon death spawns a couple pickup prefabs. The problem I am having is that the items are being instantiated too low, and are half way in the level geometry. What I am wondering is, if there is a way to control the height at which items are dropped from inventory, or upon death when they are instantiated in the game world?

edit: I have attached a screen shot to show an example. It appears the object is sitting on it's center point of the collider. It doesn't fall to here, it starts here. What I would like to be able to do is have it "fall" into the world rather than being instantiated like this.

Attachments

• Image 5-3-22 at 8.58 AM.jpg
    Image 5-3-22 at 8.58 AM.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The objects are spawned at the location of the character upon death. To fix your issue you can make the visible object a child of the spawned pick up, and move the transform up, so it does not clip through the ground. Alternatively, you can write your own spawner that spawns your objects, and then you spawn the spawner upon death. This way you have full control over the process.