Invisible arms in first person view... Again...

unity_user_8327

Hi,

I am trying to setup a character and tried to exactly follow the tutorials. But it doesn't work. I don't know what else to do. As you can see, the separate "First Person Arms" are attached properly to the model which has it's first person items hidden (Head, arms, etc.). But the first person arms are actually attached properly in Editor mode.

Screenshot 2024-03-09 113256.png

Now when I hit play:
Screenshot 2024-03-09 113329.jpg

You can see that the shadow actually has the arms and the weapons in the right place. But they simply are not visible. The little weapon on the right is actually the 3rd person weapon, not the 1st person, which is also strange because... Well why the hell is that even shown? Then in the scene view above you can see the 1st person hands and weapon floating high above the character.

No idea what to do here. How can I make this work correctly?

If I change the layer of the first person items rooted under the camera in play mode to "Default" instead of "Overlay" and move it down to the character, the items become visible. They are there and they are not clipped. They are just not rendered by default...

Okay so I did a bit more digging. I setup the scene completely from scratch again, maybe there was some issue with Opsive since I upgraded from the legacy version. Now the 1st person items become visible without changing the layer and I can see the second first person camera. But the arms and items are at a totally wrong offset in the scene (still floating high above the character)

Last edited:
Are you using FPS Tool? If you follow the videos using the demo assets do you get the correct results?

With that said, it looks like you just need to adjust the position offset on the First Person Perspective component.