I need help setting up both perspectives in UCC. FP arms high in the air

Elamcl

I am setting up a character using UCC to use both perspectives. It is a humanoid rig and I used FPS Mesh Tool to make the FP arms just like the video tutorials showed. Everything works to include animations, etc. using the Demo animation controller. The problem I am having is no matter what I try, the FP arms are a full character height above the player body. I created the myAssaultRifle per the tutorial and that is spawning in the correct position (I have made position tweaks to it yet since the arms are messed up) (see screenshot).
Things I have tried:
Changing the Y value of the object transform
I tried changing the height of the shoulder objects in the rig
I tried changing the height of all FP objects in the rig
I tried the Transform Y value and Position Offset option in the First Person Objects script.
I made a copy of the character file and edited the pivot point in Blender and used this model to make the arms. No change.
Tried a new project.

Now matter what I change, the FP arms are always move back to the original rig height and the anchor pivots from the bottom of the rig.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• UCC_FSPMeshCharacterSetup2..png
    UCC_FSPMeshCharacterSetup2..png
    726.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
On the First Person Perspective component you can change the position offset. With this you can adjust the y position so it moves lower. Alternatively on the First Person Objects GameObject you can adjust the position in the transform for all items.

You are correct. Changing either of those values will move the arms down.
The problem ended up being for the first-person arms that was created, the items slots were not created under the hands. These were made for the 3rd person rig. I manually copy and pasted the items slots from the right and left hand from the 3rd person to the first-person rig and the weapon spawned up with the hands. I was able to adjust things from there. Without these slots, the weapon was spawning at the root of the rig (aka the feet) so when I moved the arms down, the gun went into the floor.

I have since trashed the character and started over with the Character Manager. This time I clicked the adjust slots button and added the right and left hands from both rigs and everything has gone smoothly since. I am not sure if I missed this set in the tutorials or if it isn't there. Hope this post helps anyone else with the same issue.

Thanks for the support.