How to select subbranch from a composite task?

caleidon

Based on the discussion in my previous question, I've decided that instead of constantly re-loading the tree, I want to load all of the external trees at once and then create a new composite task which selects the subbranch, as you suggested, which I believe is better for keeping persistent information in the tree (which is lost upon re-loading and could be more performant in the long run with many agents).

My question:

I've noticed that there are many built-in composites that sound close to what I need, such as "Priority Selector", "Selector Evaluator" and "Utility Selector".
How can I create a composite task or does one of the above composites suit the purpose of running only one of the many available jobs that are it's children, based on certain criteria?

EXAMPLE: I have three jobs [Chop, Mine, Farm]. I want to have a composite which asks an external script of what job an agent should do, and based on the response only runs one of those tasks. Then, when that job is complete, the process is restarted and the composite again looks for the next job to run, but only one at a time.

Thanks!

I recommend taking a look at the MiniGauntlet sample project. In that sample project there is a composite task which will switch the child branches based on the current game conditions.