How to adjust Aim magnification per weapon

Hi,
I'm a bit unclear on how to adjust the magnification level and position of zoom on weapons, ideally per weapon.
This is using 3rd person, and is not using scopes (though if the scope module would work for regular iron sights over-the-shoulder, I'm game).

How would I accomplish this?

Additionally, how would I prevent zoom on other weapons (currently I can aim/ zoom with an empty equip)?

EDIT: I think I found the answer to my second question. I see the "allow camera zoom" option.

Follow up question... how do I adjust the position or rotation of the hands/ weapon while aiming?
1680836960705.png

Currently my weapon isn't quite lined up with the crosshair, which will end up being disconcerting while playing.

Last edited:
You can use the non-dominant hand IK option to align the left hand:

For aligning the weapon you will need to adjust the transforms manually while in play mode and then transfer those values back while in edit mode. The assault rifle video gives a good example of how to do that.

Okay! I went through the assault rifle video previously, I thought there might be a different setting for rifle "alignment while aiming". I have adjusted it now.

I have another camera question. I cannot figure out how to adjust the rotational offset of the camera.
The image below shows my desired camera angle (the camera more directly faces the back of the player), and the "Camera" snapshot shows the actual/ default camera rotation, which is showing the side a bit too much.
1680878566135.png

I'm sure there is a field somewhere I am missing, but I've been looking for a bit now and I cannot figure out what affects the rotation.
I can get the angle I want if I move the anchor or look offset to almost be centered on the character, but I want the character to pushed to the left in the frame... and still facing straight forwards.

It looks like you want to adjust the Look Offset on the Third Person Combat or Adventure View Type.

Well, I used look offset to move the character towards the left of the view to begin with. If I change it back, then the angle is correct, but the character's position in the view is not.
1681009409045.png

Is there a way to keep this angle, but push the view to the left or right? I guess crop the camera output left and expose more of the right? If that is the best way, I'm not sure how to go about accomplishing it.

Last edited:
The crosshairs monitor by default is in the center of the screen. You can move this though and the character will shoot in the direction of the crosshairs.