How to add new item to custom model

aggaton

Hi,

I have added the Ultimate Character Controller package to my scene and inserted my custom model using your wizard. That seem to work and I can move around. When adding an item I am following the Opsive Third Person Assault Rifle Setup Tutorial For Custom Model Part 1: Basic Setup and picked the Pistol model from the Demo directory. However when I build the item, a giant model of the pistol is added to the scene. How can this be fixed? The assault Rifle does the same thing.

1630977910137.png

I scaled and rotated the model somewhat and it seemed to animate, though the muzzle flare was a little odd. It is really a pain to position it correctly in the editor. Is there a way to "snap" things on easier or is this just how it is?

1630980976799.png

When importing external models, you can use its import settings to adjust the "Scale Factor". A lot of 3D modelling software export files with different units/scale settings than Unity, so you may need to adjust them.

1631004906420.png

For adjusting the muzzle flash position, unfortunately Unity's transform gizmo is not always super-easy to use. You can always use grid snapping (hold ctrl whilst moving a transform), but other than that there's no quick and easy way to snap a transform to another transform, without doing stuff like setting it as a child, etc.