Grenade PhotonView ID Duplicate Key Error

novi

To produce the error
1. Installed packages correctly
2. Set up scene identifiers correctly and character
3. I copy the grenade pun from nolan and created a new item identifier to it
4. When 3 or more players are connected in the same room firing each other with a grenade
5. This error happens and it crash the other player's

Screenshot_3.png
Also happens with pun nolan, melee weapons are working fine.
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_7.png

I tried searching on this forum I found this : https://www.opsive.com/forum/index....royed-over-the-network.5118/page-2#post-25585
  • I copy those codes to pun object pool
  • it fix the photon view id duplicate, crashing does not happens anymore
  • How ever some of the players when firing the grenade it does not appear on the local client.
  • Other player experience sometimes the thrown grenade just goes into infinity when not pointed at something solid

Used packages versions:
UTPM & UTPS : 2.3.2
PUN 2 - Free : 2.29
Multiplayer PUN add-on : 1.1.11

Last edited:
Screenshot_8.pngScreenshot_9.png

Freshly new project
1. Installed UTPM
2. Installed UTPS
3. Installed PUN 2
4. Installed Pun Multiplayer Addon
5. Setup scene and layers

It also occur in the demo scene

1 unity client
2 window application client

just throwing the grenade

I am not able to reproduce that within the demo scene of the latest version. Did you make any modifications to the scene? The character doesn't start out with grenades and in your second post it look like you have grenades in the initial room.

I am not able to reproduce that within the demo scene of the latest version. Did you make any modifications to the scene? The character doesn't start out with grenades and in your second post it look like you have grenades in the initial room.
I open 2 windows client first before connecting the unity editor. No I did not do any modifications to the scene.

On the 2 windows client I went to pick up the grenade and start throwing randomly
And then on unity editor client I pickup the grenade and start throwing to the windows client then it produces the duplicate key bug.

Hm, ok, thanks for the report. I just tried again with those settings and haven't been able to reproduce it. I did make some changes from the other posts so that probably fixed it. We will be releasing this update soon so after that is released let me know if you still get the error.

Hm, ok, thanks for the report. I just tried again with those settings and haven't been able to reproduce it. I did make some changes from the other posts so that probably fixed it. We will be releasing this update soon so after that is released let me know if you still get the error.

Great! thanks will definitely wait for the new release and will let you know if it will still occur. Thankyou

I do not have an ETA but we'll be releasing the update around the same time as the climbing pack.