Docs for Animator controller out of date?

DylanJones

I can not get any weapons to work for my character, I am closely following the docs, I am trying to find out where my issues are - starting with is this the same / correct?

snips1.png

Thanks for the heads up- I've updated that name. Is there anything else that you've noticed being out of date?

Indeed, it's difficult to use the asset as the docs have many errors (video tutorials seem out of date). I've only made it through a few pages, but here is another on: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/editors/character/

How should we best learn to use the asset? Is it possible to pay for a tutor lesson from an experienced community member or dev to get started? Anyone you could tag to help? I'm still just trying to get basic melee weapons to work (with mid level experience in Unity (I used to work there too).

Attachments

• snip3.png
    snip3.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 4
Indeed, it's difficult to use the asset as the docs have many errors (video tutorials seem out of date). I've only made it through a few pages, but here is another on: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/editors/character/
That looks create. MyAssaultRifleBullet is a new ItemType that was created within this video. I'll mention it on the ItemTypes page as well.

How should we best learn to use the asset? Is it possible to pay for a tutor lesson from an experienced community member or dev to get started? Anyone you could tag to help? I'm still just trying to get basic melee weapons to work (with mid level experience in Unity (I used to work there too).
We are releasing an inventory asset soon and with that update there will likely be some changes to how the inventory system works in order to support the integration. When we make these changes I plan on going through the videos and docs again to ensure they are correct. I know that this doesn't help now but it will be updated soonish.

In the meantime I recommend following the videos as they go through the process in more detail than the documentation. There actually isn't much that has changed since the videos were released - the only thing is that the Item Layer in the Animator no longer exists and it instead just uses the Arms Layer. The rest is the same. The problem is that there is a lot included in this asset so if one thing is different then that can give a completely different result. If you tell me what problem you are having I should be able to point you to where to look, though.