Cursor leaves a task node's Comment text box after typing the first letter into it

Nemeannostream

When in Behavior Designer and typing into any task's Comment field, my cursor gets removed after typing a single key into it, so that I'm forced to click back into the text box to continue typing the rest of my comment. Don't know what causes it.

What version of Unity are you using? Are you using the latest version of Behavior Designer?

I'm currently using 2022.3.19f1 of Unity and 1.7.7p1 of Behavior Designer. Sorry, I assumed the "Check for updates" option in preferences would've shown me a pop-up or something when there was a new version of Behavior Designer out. I'll update now and see if that fixes it.

Updated to 1.7.8 and it's still happening.

Edit: Also happens in two other completely different projects I've just added Behavior Designer to, one in 2021.3.8f1 and the other in 2022.3.16f1. I wonder if it's something related to my computer or my project settings.

Last edited:
Thanks, I was able to reproduce it. I checked in Unity 2023.2 which changes the focus execution order and has been causing issues. I'm kind of surprised previous versions do the same thing for you. Either way I'll get it fixed and send you a PM with the updated version.

Edit: unfortunately this looks like it's a bug in Unity. I was able to reproduce it with just a text area box outside of Behavior Designer. I'll report it to them.

Last edited: