Can't see or add Tasks when using BD on Unity 2022.3.2f1

Vorrin

I've recently updated our project from 2021 to the latest LTS 2022.3.2f1.
Something awry happened with the BD editor, I've made an empty project specifically to test if this looked to be a unity version issue or something else was wrong within our project, but the behavior is consistent between the two.

So, when I open the editor, and click "Tasks" the editor goes blank:

1687167699359.png

And the console spams these kinds of errors:

1687167723089.png

Another fault I've spotted is, if I open the editor and press space for the (overly handy, love it, well done!) quick task search menu, I get a blank section in the editor, and another spam of errors like so:

1687167786872.png

Errors look to be similar/same:
1687167809438.png

Am kinda surprised this doesn't seem to be reported anywhere, but after some testing, with an empty project, and with (somewhat laboriously) downgrading our project again, just to see that BD works as expected then, I'd say this really looks like an issue with this unity version.
Could you please have a look?

Make sure you've updated Behavior Designer to the latest version that is on the Asset Store. Unity changed the name of a style in 2023.3.1.

Make sure you've updated Behavior Designer to the latest version that is on the Asset Store. Unity changed the name of a style in 2023.3.1.
Ok, I ran more tests, I had only tested the search on 1.7.6 (initially we were on 1.7.5).

First of all, we're not on 2023, but on 2022.3!

With 1.7.6 the 'Tasks' tab, so the first issue, is resolved. But the wonderful search box is still broken:

1687171986388.png

I'd wager it might be something quite similar to what was happening/fixed with the task tab itself right, but not applied for the Search box right?

Ah, yeah, that is a problem. I will release a new version that fixes this. It should be on the Asset Store within the next hour.

fantastic, thank you :) And I can confirm the problem is fixed in the new version!

Last edited: