Camera and Combat issue

Andrea De Luca

I'm having heavy problems with the camera which quite often begins to move in jerks. I can't understand the reason, i've tried different setting but nothing, the problems still occur very often.

Another issue is the combat system, i can't understand the reason why the combat looks so "fake", the katana/sword go through the enemy avoiding the shield giving a bad feeling of combat, it doesn't look any way physical.

I saw that there are a lot of integrations, can any of them solve my problems? The fact is this assets is giving me problems since i've downloaded it.

In deference I have to say that the problem i've got with IK kinematic was solved. Final IK maybe can solve some bad effects but at this point, it's not really important.

I'm hoping i'll be able to make the product worth 120$.

Thank you for your attention. Good evening.

Last edited:
For the horse video are you able to consistently reproduce it? I just tried a fresh version of the TPC demo scene but wasn't able to reproduce the character getting stuck.

I'm having heavy problems with the camera which quite often begins to move in jerks. I can't understand the reason, i've tried different setting but nothing, the problems still occur very often.
As a test if you play the Windows demo at the link below does the camera jitter?

Another issue is the combat system, i can't understand the reason why the combat looks so "fake", the katana/sword go through the enemy avoiding the shield giving a bad feeling of combat, it doesn't look any way physical.
The melee weapon will only play the recoil animation if it hits a collider with the RecoilObject component or the Shield component. This is why the sword slash continues through the character but it does not for the shield. If you add the RecoilObject component to Agent Nolan's collider then a recoil animation should play for that as well.

I saw that there are a lot of integrations, can any of them solve my problems? I'm asking this because I don't want to think i've lost 120$ for an assets which is giving me problems since i've downloaded it.
At this point I don't think any integration would help - we should be able to get the current issues solved without needing any other assets.

Thank you for your reply.

I've tested the demo and camera works fine. I don't know at this point what may be the problem.

About the horse problem it happen quite often but it's something i don't care. (anyway if you want i could send you more video)

Thanks for your explanation about the melee combat system, and thank you for your help, sorry if i'm pushy, i really appreciate your help.

I've tested the demo and camera works fine. I don't know at this point what may be the problem.
Can you try setting the Positional Smoothing value on the Third Person Adventure View Type to 0? Also, what happens if you increase the fixed timestep within Unity's time preferences?

I've already tried to set the positional smoothing to 0, sometimes it improves but after some time the camera broke again. I've also changed the fixed timestep to 0,01 but nothing, the problem persist.

Does the stutter occur in a fresh scene as well or is it only the included demo scene? You may need to bake the lightmaps in order to get the smoothest results. If that still doesn't work can you try profiling to see if there is a bottleneck while you are rotating?

I've tried out different times, no more camera stutter with camera position smooth at 0. Don't know the reason, but all the problems are solved and everything works fine.