[Bug] Interactable use causes stance change

rkeown

1. UFPS v2.1.9
2. Unity v2019.2.12f1, Unity's default render pipeline for 3D
3. If crouched, and you press the interact button, the character stands up, then performs interaction, instead of staying crouched mode.
4. Create new Unity 3D Project, Import Unity Package for UFPS v2.1.9, Open UFPSDemo scene, build lightmaps, and then run the demo. Go to the Interaction area. Approach any of the interactable objects. Press the current interaction key.
5. No error message presented, just unexpected result.

Just something else I noticed, and made sure I followed all of the Setup guide, to a T. Even though the Interaction Key is defined as F. It's displaying 'PRESS B TO PRESS BUTTON', instead.

Attachments

• UFPS_IncorrectInteractMessage.png
    UFPS_IncorrectInteractMessage.png
    513.5 KB · Views: 4
3. If crouched, and you press the interact button, the character stands up, then performs interaction, instead of staying crouched mode.
This is by design. We don't have an animation that has the character crouching and pressing the button so the HeightChange ability temporarily stops. If you have an animation that fits you can replace it within the animator controller and enable Allow Active Height Change on the Interact ability.

Just something else I noticed, and made sure I followed all of the Setup guide, to a T. Even though the Interaction Key is defined as F. It's displaying 'PRESS B TO PRESS BUTTON', instead.
Do you have a controller connected? There is a connected controller state that will change the text if it is active.

This is by design. We don't have an animation that has the character crouching and pressing the button so the HeightChange ability temporarily stops. If you have an animation that fits you can replace it within the animator controller and enable Allow Active Height Change on the Interact ability.

Do you have a controller connected? There is a connected controller state that will change the text if it is active.
Thanks for clearing that up regarding the animation and the height change ability. I'll have to see if I have any animations similar to that, in my library.

As for having a controller connected, I had a Logitech flight stick connected, but unplugged it, prior to running the demo scene. I'll double-check it in the morning and update the reply.

Sorry for the later reply. It looks like the Flight Stick was causing it to default to the B button.

Thanks