Behavior Designer editor window not switching to dark mode properly.

sertac

Hello, I am using Unity 2021.3.3f1 LTS version and I am getting some color theme related issues when I install and try to use behavior designer. Here is how it looks:

color theme.JPG

When I switch Unity to Light mode, the text is changed to dark and I am able to read text. However when I switch back to dark mode, both the text and backgrounds are light colors, which is making it impossible to use.

I would be grateful for a workaround on how I can make behavior designer work in real dark more, like shown in the documentation/tutorials.

Thanks!

It should be automatic. Can you try deleting the Behavior Designer folder and reimporting? Also, for testing purposes, does it work in a fresh project?

Hello Justin, thank you so much for your response. I tried a) deleting behavior designer folder and reimporting b) creating a completely new project using same Unity version and in both cases the bug persists.

That is really strange, I haven't seen this before. Can you create a new script and see what outputs if you do a EditorGUIUtility.isProSkin?

Hello, wrote a quick menu editor for the ProSkin check and it returned yes.

Attachments

• pro skin yes.JPG
    pro skin yes.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 1
Are you on a Mac or Windows? Do you have the GridShader in the Behavior Designer folder? By any chance are you able to try on a different computer just to see if it's something specific to that machine?

Hello Justin, I have the GridShader in the editor folder:

1692341762150.png

I currently do not have another machine to try this. I will try it in 2 weeks time on my main computer when I return from vacation and I will update you here if it is a machine specific issue or not.