Attempting to add a pistol to Arisa model, what to use as base?

witchylabpup

Hello! I am using the Arisa and Megumi models from the Asset Store, and I am having a lot of trouble figuring out what to use as the "first person base" when adding a pistol. Any help is appreciated!

I am not familiar with that model but you'll want to use the character's arms as the base.

There is no object encasing both arms except "armature", at the very top level. When I use this as the base, I get an error about the base not being found. I have also tried using "right shoulder" and "right arm", neither of which worked and the same error was produced.

1619985244246.png

The "base" object should be one of the first person arms base objects that gets created when you initially create a first person character (not an empty bone transform), as seen in this video:

1620031946234.png

I used Nolan's arms, as it seems I didn't have another choice. Quite unfortunate considering my character is slender and feminine. I have a female arms model, but it won't animate when added the same way.

However it seems Nolan's arms are not centered in my screen? Is there a way to move them? He's also not holding the pistol in the right hand, in the same way as the third person view of the model.
1620076047219.png

You can use the FPS Mesh Tool to separate the arms from your character model, so once you've done that you can use those arms for the first person view:

Also if you've already followed the video I linked in my previous post, there's also a follow-up for first person items specifically:

All your questions should be answered in the above videos - e.g. positioning the item and arms is shown at around 10 mins in the item creation video.