Arrow not visible until I aim/draw

CraigHubbard

After upgrading to 2.1.5, I noticed the arrow for my bow was no longer visible until I aim or start to draw. I did a lot of experimenting, from removing/reimporting the Opsive folder, rebuilding my player, creating a new item collection, reimplementing the bow, and following the assault rifle/bow tutorial all the way through. It was in that last step that I finally stumbled on a potential answer mostly by chance.

It turns out that if the default weapon is the assault rifle, the arrow appears as expected. If the bow is the default weapon, the arrow isn't there when I first spawn. That leads me to believe that something is happening when you switch to a weapon that isn't happening when you spawn with the same weapon.

Any theories why that might be happening and how to fix it? It's definitely a new issue with 2.1.5, as going back to the previous version fixes it.

Does the demo scene work? The arrow visiblity is based on the Projectile Visibility field of the ShootableWeapon component.

If I replicate the conditions in the demo level (i.e. bow as the default weapon you spawn with), then I get the same results. Again, this wasn't happening prior to 2.1.5.

The repro steps are to add a bow to Nolan, making sure to add the projectile and set it to always visible. Then adjust the item set so that the bow is the weapon you spawn with. When you load into the game, you'll have the bow selected but the arrow won't be present until you press fire or aim.

If you adjust the steps so that you DON'T start with the bow equipped and have to switch to it, as in the demo, then it works as expected.

I see. I actually don't know how it was previously working. Open reload.cs and add the following after reloadableItem.ReloadItem(true) on line 530:
Code:
                        reloadableItem.ItemReloadComplete(true);