Animator questions

Nemesis7

Hello,

I am blocked with the setup of my anomators in FPS.

I want my character to be able to aim in fps, with an aiming_idle animation, which works fine with state and substate to 1.
However, I also want to put a aim_fire, which is a different animation than simple shot.

You can see how I configure my animator.
Since those captures I changed few things, there is no substate 66 anymore, I tried with one substate only for the aiming_fire, but it did not work and the simple fire stoped working as well.
I am certainly missing a step here but I don't know which one.

If anyone could help, that would be cool.
Thank you.

Attachments

• opsive1.JPG
    opsive1.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 16
  • opsive2.JPG
    opsive2.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 16
Based on the Animator Audio State you are first going to an index of 2 which isn't in your animator. Try removing this element in the list so it only goes to 66.

Hi Justin,
I read your email about that, I did change it, but it did not change the fact it doesn't work.
Even using substate 2 as aiming fire, and no substate anymore for simple fire, it creates a problem with the simple fire, and does not make the aiming fire going back to aim idle.
So If I press right click, I do have aiming animation, if I shoot, it does play aiming fire animation but then it restarts the aiming aidle starting from normal idle.
Hope I explained correctly

I actually gave up on this process, I checked the differences between using aim idle animation and an aim preset as it is in your demo, and I saw none... So I created an aim preset for my weapons and everything works fine like that.
I don't know if it means we can put this topic on solved ^^