Adding a weapon

when I start with gun equip it's in the correct position, but once I hide un-equip and re-equip the weapon will play the ready animation and then the weapon will rotate forward.
Are the arms transform in the same position as what they were on the first equip? Can you look to see what transform is rotating forward?

It looks like on the Reload Complete Event Animation Event you have a set time of 2 seconds set. You can either increase this time or use the OnAnimatorItemReloadComplete animation event.

Hi, thank you for quickly replying :D

I have looked at what is rotating and it's on the bones of the weapon, the L_arm and R_arm seem to be rotating back to the positions of the un-equip animation.

As in the gif, the weapon x rotation for example is -17 then once un-equip it goes to 119, then equip it plays the equip animation and then it looks like it goes back to the un-equip position.

https://gyazo.com/d1abd250e73517609f925f4973501647

Cheers

On the equip and unequip i've unticked animation events, and set both to be the same numbers if this is correct im not sure. I would be more then happy to use events, I will try to add these to see if it makes a difference.

Screenshot_106.png

No problem. That makes me think that it's animation related - UFPS controls the arms@pistol2 position directly but it relies on animations for anything beneath it. I would start by having it not play any unequip/equip animations, and then once you get that working you can then start to dig into it to see which animation is causing the problem.

Hi, after removing the hide animation all seems to work good now :D thank you.
But for reload, no matter what number I set for the duration the animation wont play all the way thru, with the animation speed set to 1. But if I set the speed to 2 it will play the whole animation, but this is no good as the reload sound wont match up.

This is speed of x1

and this x2 animation speed

Progress!

I remember something like this happening before. Did you switch out the full body animations? If not then the reload animation event is likely triggering from the built in full body animation. You can either remove this event or switch out the full body animations to one that is the same length as the first person arms animation.

Ah I see, I basically copied the arms demo animation controller and replaced the assault rifle with my own animations. For the play I'm using the demo character animator controller.
Do you mean on the the main character controller, the reload animation will have an event. So if I remove this it should take from fps arms times.

Thank you again for your help :D

Ah I see, I basically copied the arms demo animation controller and replaced the assault rifle with my own animations. For the play I'm using the demo character animator controller.
Do you mean on the the main character controller, the reload animation will have an event. So if I remove this it should take from fps arms times.

Thank you again for your help :D
Perfect, just tested and it's working as expected. Thank you very much :D

I'm gonna delete the post from the Unity forums, lesson learned seek help first :D