Recent content by VladD

1. V

OnTriggerEnter() conditional not fired until I select Character in Editor?! Fine thereafter...

I think I got this working. I guess it may not have been the trigger registering problem at all?! I tested against a bare-bones "player" (just a GameObject with a sphere collider set to "trigger", and a rigid body, and setting the tag to the one I'm listening for). Then I dragged this into the...
  2. V

OnTriggerEnter() conditional not fired until I select Character in Editor?! Fine thereafter...

Thanks for the reply, Justin. For full disclosure, the character entity with this Behavior Tree is well away from any collisions OnAwake(). The behavior that's being scripted is a "bump" cycle, where if the Player collides with the NPC character...the NPC character goes into a state where they...
  3. V

Hi, I have a really weird thing happening, and I can't seem to find out the reason. I believe I have the logic set up correctly, but the result suffers from a mysterious bug. Maybe you can help me resolve this? Set Up: I have a Monobehavior Script Class that creates a SphereCollider and sets...
  4. V

How to convert/cast sharedFloat to float?

Excellent, folks! That was exactly what I needed! I guess I wasn't used to the pattern of using the "Value" property of a variable as a getter...since in MonoBehavior and standard C# the variable IS the value. I don't see the utility in having a variable reference saved as another variable...
  5. V

How to convert/cast sharedFloat to float?

This might sound like a dumb question, but I am trying to set a variable of a class in one of my Actions that is derived from MonoBehavior. So it's data types are standard floats. When I try to set a pubilc float with a SharedFloat, I get errors about there being no implicit conversion between...