Recent content by syu15

1. S

How to handle tree if node is stuck on "TaskStatus.Running"?

Is there an API or something I can use to detect how long a task has been running? Just trying to figure out how I would building something like this myself.
  2. S

How to handle tree if node is stuck on "TaskStatus.Running"?

Hello, We started playtesting and have discovered sometimes our nodes get stuck on "TaskStatus.Running" indefinitely (it is a bug with our code, not the asset to be clear). Of course we will try to fix the bugs causing this behavior, but as a last resort, is there a way to restart the behavior...
  3. S

How to add interrupt tasks to external behavior tree

Thanks for letting me know. Even if there is a workaround via code that would be great. My behavior trees will be significantly less modular without the perform interrupt tasks.
  4. S

How to add interrupt tasks to external behavior tree

Hello, I have started making my behavior trees modular by using external behavior trees. It seems to work as expected, however the perform interrupt tasks (understandably) lose their reference to outside interrupt tasks when I pull them out into external behavior trees. Is there a way to set...
  5. S

Interrupting wait task with conditional abort

Ah ok thanks. I have seen those tasks but tbh am unsure of how to use them. Can you point me to some documentation or videos so I can figure out how to set them up?
  6. S

I see. So my goal is that this wait task can be interrupted by any of the conditional tasks, but I don't want any of the conditional tasks to be able to interrupt each other. Can you help me figure out how to accomplish this? Thanks!
  7. S

I used that guide to set up my tree before I posted here (tried using every combination of Lower Priority/Both Selector tasks) but the end result was the same. Is there something I need to do in the conditional tasks to get it to work or is there something specific with the wait task I need to...
  8. S

Sorry for the delay in response. I've attached a full screenshot of my entire tree. The conditional tasks are ones that I have written myself and return either a success or failure status. I've been able to verify that they are not being reevaluated using the conditional aborts I've put in...
  9. S

Hello, I have set up my behavior tree in the configuration you can see in the screenshot. I want the wait task to be interrupted when any of the left child conditional evaluators return true, but I can't seem to get the left selector branch to be reevaluated. I've tried pretty much every...
  10. S

How to have a highest priority task that interrupts all other tasks?

Ok that seems to be exactly what I'm looking for thanks! As an additional question, what if I have 2 tasks that should be higher priority? How would I ensure that one conditional abort is of greatest priority? Is it just what order they are in the tree that determines this (left-most gets...
  11. S

How to have a highest priority task that interrupts all other tasks?

Hello, I have a task that needs to have the highest priority above all others and also have the ability to interrupt other tasks in progress. How would I go about this? I assume I will need to keep evaluating this task even while others are running. I was wondering if I need to use some form of...