Recent content by spryx

1. spryx

Why is it so difficult to programmatically use UIS at runtime?

That seems to fix one problem when I added dynamic inventory. I can at least open the menu. I still seem to be having issues with input. See above exception. When I open the inventory, I get: Spammed. Is this package using the new input system? It seems like we are checking input for a...
  2. spryx

Why is it so difficult to programmatically use UIS at runtime?

I've tried and failed multiple times to get UIS setup. I don't have a player object that exists prior to runtime but instead instantiate one when the scene is ready. Without going into specific details, I have no way to avoid this. The player must be created AFTER the scene is loaded. On run...
  3. spryx

Can't download (1.1.2.1) from asset store.

I've confirmed this is a rather nasty Unity bug... not sure why or how this one got through, but apparently, many users are experiencing it: Bug - New package versions are shown as downloaded but I have never downloaded them. - Unity Forum In case someone else has this issue, removing the...
  4. spryx

I will try that, thanks!
  5. spryx

I'm using 2020.2 can can only import the last package I downloaded (1.1.2). Any idea why I can't download the new version. Also, what was changed? Getting this compilation error for the current version (cs0718): Assets\Opsive\UltimateInventorySystem\Stubs\GeneratedStubs.cs(35,70): error CS0718...
  6. spryx

UIS Setup

I'll hold off on creating another post for now. I believe everything should be working. Dragging the prefab object into the Inventory and CurrencyOwner caches the refs for the required fields. After instantiating the play prefab (See screenshot), the references are maintained even between Unity...
  7. spryx

UIS Setup

My sincere apologies for hijacking this thread. Not my intention, but I believe it to be related. My Inventory, ItemUser, and ItemHotbarOwner instances are on a prefab that I instantiate at runtime. Is there a way I can assign the InventoryMenuStup>Inventory and CurrencyOwner fields at runtime...