Recent content by snarlynarwhal

1. snarlynarwhal

Feature Request: Compound Conditional

Oh okay, that sounds convient! Thanks so much for the speedy support as always. Excited for version 2!
  2. snarlynarwhal

Ah, using a sequencer with an abort type of both seems to produce the behavior I want. It might help to mention this in the documentation. I noticed it covers a nested selector, but not a nested sequencer (although I guess it is a given hah).
  3. snarlynarwhal

Hi, I encountered a problem and am not sure how to solve it. I think adding a compound conditional node would solve my problem, but there might be a better way I am not aware of. I want the behavior tree to abort the "Attack Target" node once all three of the conditionals circled in red return...
  4. snarlynarwhal

Conditional aborts not working as I expected in hierarchical setup.

Thanks for the info! I wanted to share my updated tree in case someone else runs into the same problem: The `Selector` first uses `Check Distance` to see if it needs to `Flee`. If it is within `Buffer` distance, it will `Flee` to `Buffer` distance and then return success. The topmost `Until...
  5. snarlynarwhal

Thanks for the speedy reply, Justin. I just sent the repro scene to that email.
  6. snarlynarwhal

I am having trouble setting up my behavior tree and I think it's because I do not fully understand how hierarchical conditional aborts work. Intended Behavior If an enemy is within `Buffer` units from their target, the enemy should back up (Flee to `Buffer` distance) before attacking. In this...
  7. snarlynarwhal

I need help understanding Abort Types

Ahhh okay so since the parent sequencer has no child conditional tasks in the original broken version, it automatically fails. Where as in the newer fixed version, the child sequencers succeed since they have the conditional tasks that need to get re-evaluated. Thanks so much for clarifying...
  8. snarlynarwhal

Okay that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying that! But I still do not understand why, in my second image, it does not work unless the two sequencers that I circled in red have an Abort Type of Both. I thought the parent sequencer having an Abort Type of Lower Priority would be enough to cause...
  9. snarlynarwhal

Okay so I discovered that changing the Abort Type for these two tasks made it function as I originally expected. But I still don't understand why. An explanation would be much appreciated.
  10. snarlynarwhal

I watched the video and read the docs, and I thought I understood Abort Types, but I cannot seem to understand the behavior in my own behavior tree. Here's a screenshot of my current behavior tree: I added the Lower Priority Abort Type to the first 3 upper-level sequencers, expecting them to...
  11. snarlynarwhal

Patrol not working properly for A* Pathfinding Project Pro Integration

Hi Justin, I recently upgraded Behavior Designer, Behavior Designer Movement Pack, and the Behavior Designer Movement Pack A* Pathfinding Project Pro integration and the patrols in my game stopped working since IAstarAIMovement got reverted. The current package has: protected override bool...
  12. snarlynarwhal

Thanks Justin I appreciate it!
  13. snarlynarwhal

Hello Justin, I had issues when I added an arrive distance, so I modified the function like so: protected override bool HasArrived() { return agent.reachedDestination || agent.remainingDistance < arriveDistance.Value; } Any subsequent updates will have the new correct check, right...
  14. snarlynarwhal

Ahh it worked thank you very much! Just to clarify, did you mean replace the entire function body like so: And you'll update with next release too, right? protected override bool HasArrived() { // The path hasn't been computed yet if the path is pending. float remainingDistance...