Recent content by ShilohGames

1. S

Footsteps during Melee

In the CharacterFootEffects.TriggerFootStep method, why do you compute the moving bool value? Why not simply use the existing m_CharacterLocomotion.Moving value there?
  2. S

Footsteps during Melee

Is there some way we could get animator values from UltimateCharacterLocomotion regarding fields like on this page? https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/animation/animator/default-animator-values/ Specifically the Item ID and Movement Set ID values.
  3. S

Footsteps during Melee

Is there somewhere in CharacterLocomotion that already exposes that information? For example, maybe we could enumerate the CharacterLocomotion.ItemAbilities. Then for each ItemAbility, check if it is Enabled and IsActive. When those are both true, then we would somehow find out if the active...
  4. S

Footsteps during Melee

We could put some code in CharacterFootEffects.TriggerFootStep to return false if the character is doing a melee attack or body attack. That code change is very easy. I just need to find the best way to find out if a melee or body attack is currently going. I am not interested in changing...
  5. S

Footsteps during Melee

What is the most performant way to check if the character is currently doing a melee or body attack? Is that information already exposed somewhere, or do we we to look through the character's ItemSet using itemSetManager?
  6. S

Footsteps during Melee

I was looking through the Opsive code to see what it will take to implement a mute footsteps during melee attack option. We could put some code in CharacterFootEffects.TriggerFootStep to return false if the character is doing a melee attack or body attack. What is the most performant way to...
  7. S

Access Equipped Item's children

The itemSetManager.GetActiveItemSet method needs the groupIndex passed as a parameter, but the documentation does not make clear what that means. Where do we find the correct value for groupIndex to use? Is there a magic number to pass here, or is there another method we need to call to lookup...
  8. S

Footsteps during Melee

The trigger mode is nice to have as an option for characters that we want to manually trigger each footstep effect through the animator, but I don't want to use trigger mode for everything. I would like to be able to use the body step mode most situations, since it is easier to set up. Body...
  9. S

Footsteps during Melee

Trigger mode seems to disable the footsteps completely. It is completely broken.
  10. S

Footsteps during Melee

I spent more time on this. I set up a new empty project, kept the original demo animations this time, and tried different character models. I am still running into this footstep glitch. Footsteps play during melee attacks. I carefully followed the Opsive tutorial videos from the YouTube...
  11. S

Footsteps during Melee

I am using the Body Step footstep mode.
  12. S

Footsteps during Melee

I am not sure if this is a bug or some setting I overlooked. I am building a game where I want the character to play similar to Link in Zelda Breath of the Wild. When I do the melee attack, I want the character to stop moving and then use the melee's root motion to move the player ahead...