Recent content by Sergey Bespalov

1. Sergey Bespalov

PuppetMaster Integration

I have watched few videos about FinalIK but I have not had chance to try it and I don't understand what can I do with FinalIK. I have Umotion Pro that let me to create IK and use it for animations. What are features of FinalIK? Falling over obstacles - it is easy and cool. Also with PuppetMaster...
  2. Sergey Bespalov

PuppetMaster Integration

Hello. This is a little guide how to integrate UFPS 2 with PuppetMaster. With PuppetMaster you can have enemies that reacts on hits more realistic (3mb gif): Integration with PuppetMaster is easy. Little changes in Health.cs, ShootableWeapon.cs, HealthInspector.cs are needed Health.cs Add...
  3. Sergey Bespalov

Health.cs, colliders in children don't receive force on damage

For me I have added an argument "Rigidbody hitBody" to the method Damage(...) in Health.cs and send m_HitscanRaycastHits.rigidbody to it. Then applying force in Health.cs: var force = direction * forceMagnitude; if (forceMagnitude > 0) { // Apply a force...
  4. Sergey Bespalov

I have found following code in ShootableWeapon.cs // If the Health component exists it will apply a force to the rigidbody in addition to deducting the health. Otherwise just apply the force to the rigidbody. Health hitHealth...
  5. Sergey Bespalov

The problem is that it is applying force only to "root" object, and it does not apply force to object in children that was hit. For example: there is a ragdoll. Root object with Health.cs is a chest. When I shoot in a hand then this script will apply force to the chest and the hand won't...
  6. Sergey Bespalov

But Health.cs is applying force to the object in onDamage(...) method: ... var force = direction * forceMagnitude; if (forceMagnitude > 0) { // Apply a force to the object. if (m_ForceObject != null) {...
  7. Sergey Bespalov

Hello. I have written about this problem in other question, but that question was not only about this problem so I wanted to create more specific topic. Main problem - If an object has the script "Health.cs" then colliders in children objects don't receive force from impact with bullets. Only...
  8. Sergey Bespalov

Shooting and impact

Justin. I have recorded a a little video with my trouble. Could you look at this? Short description: ragdoll didn't react on hit if it had Healt.cs script.
  9. Sergey Bespalov

Shooting and impact

If I added ragdoll object and ability to a character, then will it have blended animation and ragdoll physics when I hit it?
  10. Sergey Bespalov

Shooting and impact

Thx for answer. No it is not a character. Just rigged 3d model, I created ragdoll via "Create->3d object->Ragdoll". I added Health.cs script to the top object in hierarchy of 3d model.
  11. Sergey Bespalov

Shooting and impact

Hello. Q1: I had a simple ragdoll without animator. It was reacting on hits (from shooting) correctly. When I had added the Health.cs script to the ragdoll it stopped react to hits(from shooting). When I had added Health.cs to the simple box, this box was reacting on hits correctly. Why did...
  12. Sergey Bespalov

Virtual Buttons

I have found the solution. In the "Unity Input" component. The checkbox "Disable Cursor" should be unchecked. If the cursor is locked then UI elements can't receive OnDrag event on mobile devices.
  13. Sergey Bespalov

Virtual Buttons

Justin, I have done some experiments: 1. I added log to VirtualJoystick and VirtualTouchpad. 2. I found out that OnPointerDown was called and OnPointerUp but OnDrag wasn't OnDrag is never calling on the device. 3. I created an empty project, added Canvas and Image, added a script that...
  14. Sergey Bespalov

Virtual Buttons

Hello. I have another trouble with Virtual Buttons. They all work great in the Editor. But when I had built an apk file for Android and installed it on a few devices (Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S8) some virtual controls didn't work: Attack, Jump, Reload - work (OK) Touchpad - doesn't work...
  15. Sergey Bespalov

Virtual Buttons

Thx. It works now.