Recent content by SeeSharpist

1. S

Permanently equipped flashlight

Just to follow up, I ended up combining the Flashlight script with Ability and it seems to work fairly well. only bug I need to work out is that disabling the Battery AttrModifier doesn't flip the attribute back to Increase like it started on. a negative value works just as well though. I...
  2. S

Permanently equipped flashlight

Hey guys, I'm wondering if there is a way ootb to create a flashlight that's always equipped and toggled by a key, say L. Nothing fancy, no animations, just toggle on, toggle off. I think it'd be similar to this post, where they want to have two items equipped in slots 0 and 1, but grenades...
  3. S

Continuous fire on weapon

Thanks! That's not a bad idea, I'll look at doing that, seems a good route to go. Speaking of actions, for the MagicItem script, I'm having two problems. One, I've specified a Play Audio Clip Begin Action (the laser charging) and a similar End Action (the laser ramping down). However, the begin...
  4. S

So I did try to set up the item as a Magic item yesterday but I couldn't seem to get the OnImpact event like I could with a melee weapon. Maybe if I add Damage as an ImpactEvent? Essentially attempting to make a No Man's Sky style mining beam, got the beam working, except it's using the cast...
  5. S

Hey guys. I'm wondering if there is anyway to denote a shootable weapon as firing a beam, for example a laser beam. Single or continuous. Essentially what the ParticleStream does with the MagicItem ability script in the demo, but triggered from a weapon instead. Anything like that on the...
  6. S

How to tell what weapon impacted an object?

Hey Andrew, that makes total sense, thanks. My biggest problem was I didn't know what that object was meant to be cast as to be able to work with it. Turns out it was the Opsive MeleeWeapon obj, so this ended up working. Thanks! private void OnImpact(float amount, Vector3 position, Vector3...
  7. S

How to tell what weapon impacted an object?

Hey guys, I've been working on a harvesting system working with UCC. I have everything working atm, but I'm having trouble with one thing. I'd like to add a component to certain weapons that mark them as Tools able to actually harvest a node, but I'm having trouble with the attackingObject...
  8. S

Drive ability not activating

Thanks for responding. Looks like the the base CSA is returning true, but it was the ground check failing it, my object was a fraction above the ground so the start location was being skipped over :/ Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
  9. S

Drive ability not activating

Hey guys, I've been trying to create a bike based on another controller (Realistic Hover Bike Controller) while using the Drive ability to activate the bike. Although I'm not seeing any errors, I cannot for the life of me get the Drive ability to activate. No text when walking up to the vehicle...
  10. S

Multiple Interact abilities on the same object

Not to necro this thread, but @Fenda , any chance you could post the LockedInteractable you added or what your door's setup ended up looking like in the inspector? I've been trying to get something like this to work (a door or chest that requires a certain item to open) and it's driving me nuts :)
  11. S

Combining the Interact and Pickup abilities

Thanks for the response! I ended up just have the item be both an ItemPickup and an Interactable, with with both a trigger and non-trigger box collider and a new ability. Seemed to do the trick for now, though I might look at doing what you suggested later on
  12. S

Combining the Interact and Pickup abilities

Hey all, I'm looking to create functionality where the character can interact with an object (say a sword laying on the ground) and then have it picked up and added as a weapon in the characters loadout, while the original on the ground would be removed. I can't seem to bridge the gap between...