Recent content by saboehnke

1. S

Movement speed is different between editor and builds

I'm experiencing an issue with the third person controller where animations seem to be synced with movement speed in the editor but movement is way slower in a build. The value for the motor acceleration on the characterlocomotion is the same in the editor and in the build yet movement speed is...
  2. S

Animation issue when networking

I wrote a small subclass of the AnimatorMonitor that makes that call and switched the Locomotion handler to the Networked version and it seems to be working now.
  3. S

Maybe I don't need to make new params. I've confirmed that the networked player's animator does have the params being passed for the abilityIndex. The abilityChanged param doesn't change though. So the issue must be in how I setup the networked players. Any ideas? var networkAnimator =...
  4. S

Well I have seen things about the Animator Motion component. Do you know if ability triggered animations would require root motion and/or an animator motion component? Also, I'm currently only putting the UltimateCharacterLocomotion component on the local player if that matters. EDIT: Looks...
  5. S

Character gets stuck in the wall collider

I can't really tell you what was going on...but it just kind of started working. I just have the capsule collider on the character and it seems to be working after just changing the capsule collider's height to the mesh renderer's bounds.y value as well as changing the center of the capsule...
  6. S

Hi there. I'm using FishNet for a networking solution and the Opsive 3rd person controller. I'm having an issue where animations that are triggered via abilities do not sync over the network. I haven't been able to find the actual code that triggers the animation after following the youtube...
  7. S

Somehow it works if I turn off the capsule collider component. The character can walk up to a wall, collide with it, and not get stuck. The character has no other colliders.
  8. S

I'm not able to get you a demo project with my stuff in it. It is a project for work and I have models being pulled from playfab. I just have the capsule collider taking the shape of the character like you have in your demo. I did notice that in the demo scene if you add a Plane primitive to...
  9. S

I'll have to check when I can get the demo scene back up. But should it matter? It's a different situation. I'm creating them dynamically but using the functions I mentioned before. I need to be able to dynamically setup these characters and have the capsule collider size make sense without...
  10. S

No. This issue persists for me whether I make the change to the capsule collider properties or not. You are correct, I have no protrusions from my walls. It is a flat surface on which I have tried both a mesh collider and a box collider. Both result in this issue.
  11. S

I know this question was addressed in this post. But the difference in my case is I am creating dynamic characters. I have made a change so that the capsule collider that is added to the character uses the SkinnedMeshRenderer's bounds to determine the center and height of the capsule collider...
  12. S

Dynamic Player Creation

Will that change be included in the next update? Otherwise the change on my side will be overwritten when I pull updates in the future. That logic is in the CharacterBuilder.cs. Also, with that change I get a similar issue when the LookAt viewtype is being added to the character, so the same...
  13. S

Dynamic Player Creation

Alright so I found the issue. I'm not really sure how to resolve it though. When a character with an animation type of generic has the BuildCharacter() function called, it calls AddEssentials() which will add the UltimateCharacterLocomotion component to the character gameobject. After that, the...
  14. S

Dynamic Player Creation

Does the character builder support character rigs that have a generic animation type instead of humanoid? I end up with the UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs trying to access m_GameObject but that isn't initialized unless CharacterInitializer.AutoInitialization is turned on. I'm not sure how it was...
  15. S

Dynamic Player Creation

Ah I got it working. The model itself was loaded without having the animation type or avatar set. Fixing that gets it to work. But what happens when I try using non-humanoid characters? Will this same build structure still work?