Recent content by River

1. R

Top-Down character look at crosshairs in the vertical

Dear Justin, It's been a while since we last touched on the above mentioned issue. I hope you had some time to consider the coments in the code? To me it appears the issue is related to the controller code itself. I've had a stab at trying to find a solution, but as mentioned the code is quite...
  2. R

Hi Justin, Thanks for your patience. I've been digging through the code and have not been able to solve it so far. I found the following code in the TopDown Viewtype: /// <summary> /// Returns the direction that the character is looking. /// As topdown aiming relies on raycasting planes the...
  3. R

Hi Justin, Indeed I had the view type on the Camera Controller set to Vertical Look Direction 'Enabled'. In practice this means for shooting it can also shoot the ground at his feet, while otherwise the character shoots foward. So as mentioned I am looking for something more: that the head...
  4. R

Dear Sirs, I'm a growing fan of the UCC asset. One thing which I enjoy is that the character when walking has an IK that tries to look at the mouse position or the crosshairs. For the Top-Down set-up the character appears to be turning his head in the left-right axis. However I would like to...
  5. R

3rd person - magic item - indicator prefab not showing on terrain as it should.

Many thanks for taking the time and effort of looking into this. I'll await the update with considerable interest.
  6. R

Edit: For completion as to my earlier workaround - I can look up the exact code I used, but I do have a full-time job and arrangements this evening - I could provide, but not before Wednesday evening. - Let me know if you still want to have (it was a while ago), will be my pleasure to help if I...
  7. R

Edit - only now see the reply of Justin of about the cross-hairs. Somehow missed that. If the indicator position is determined by the cross-hairs than the issue makes a lot of sense since the crosshairs don't work in this set-up either. The solution would be rather simple: if the targeting...
  8. R

Hi Andrew, thanks for your response As to the First point: the script update was based on another issue - please have a look at the tread topic '3rd person top-down - look to mouse not working'. - Justin was actually the one suggesting the script change. As to the current issue: The cast is...
  9. R

Dear Support, See above, I have a way-around the teleport issue, but want to have this issue properly resolved since it may affect other systems/magic items in the future. I have continued with my fresh install (only UCC, 3rd person top-down, camera 3rd person top-down) and added modified the...
  10. R

3rd person top-down - look to mouse not working

Thanks - as suggested by Justin I'll close off this thread and continue on the previous one concerning this.
  11. R

Hi Justin, Cool that works! - I was starting to doubt myself for a while there... For the other two issues remaining: - could not get ground targetting for the Teleport using the magic item script - magic - Direction - selected 'indicate' with the surface indicator prefab - I will check this...
  12. R

Hi Justin Amazing I get replies on a Sunday (was not at all expecting this). To recap: The cursor is not locked and this I checked at runtime (See one of my replies above). As mentioned when in the Demo-scene when I walk into the 'top-down' zone (on the roof) the player succesfully tracks...
  13. R

I followed your suggestion - indeed when making an assault weapon and setting the aim to be automatic then yes the character succesfully trakcs the mouse position. If it is not set to automatic than the player does not track the mouse position. As an aside: I was also checking whether setting...
  14. R

Update - I set-up a new scene based on 3rd person with Third Person Pseudo 3d - character can look at mouse position. Doing the same again with the 3rd person Top-down it doesn't - what's is going on here? - (:-)
  15. R

So I have attached a debug script to check if the cursor is locked: I can confirm it is set to 'None' (at Awake, Start, Update and at LateUpdate). To again cofirm: (Unity Input): Disable Cursor is unchecked. (Camera Controller): View Type = Third Person Top Down - Vertical Look Direction is...