Recent content by polonel

1. polonel

ItemSlotCollections Usage

Is ItemSlotCollections used for anything other than UCC integration? I've set up an ItemSet to house different "Ship Components", about 9 of them. My thought was this would be ideal to have a ship component occupy a Slot in the ItemSet and then I could have an ItemSlotCollection that would...
  2. polonel

Move Character Fixed Amount

Not sure exactly how that will work. I want the character to have free movement (any direction), just the distance they move is a fixed amount as a minimum. Ex: The character can move 100 units as normal but if they tap the input once it will move at a min of 1 unit.
  3. polonel

Move Character Fixed Amount

Is there a way to move a character a fixed amount when the input is pressed once? Example. When an ability is active I want to switch to a movement style much like a grid-based movement style. Where the character will move 1 unit at a time as long as the input is pressed, but always a minimum of...
  4. polonel

Equip weapon slot

Thanks. I'm working on this now. Is there an event that is fired when the bridge has finished loading / setting up the Item Sets for the equippable items? Something to hook into that I can then disable the given ItemSet. Also, one thing that I am confused about is the ability to "ExposeItemSet"...
  5. polonel

Equip weapon slot

I'm sure there is a way to do what I'm wanting out of the box, but not sure how to handle it. I want my character to be able to Equip 3 different items. At the same time but be able to swap between the 3. As in a Primary, Secondary, and Melee weapon. When the weapon is equipped (Not visible) the...
  6. polonel

Magic Item - Spawn at Player Position

Thanks Andrew. That is exactly what I ended up doing. :)
  7. polonel

Loading Saved Inventories With Equippables

This was actually the consequence of using Inventory Saver instead of Inventory Bridge Saver. Once I removed the Inventory Saver everything worked correctly. I went back and check the documentation to see if I had overlooked the mention of the Inventory Bridge Saver and I could not find any...
  8. polonel

I have been fighting trying to get my equippable to save across scene changes and I think I have finally narrowed down the problem. When loading the save equippable item, it saves with the correct ID that was in the inventory at scene change. However, when UCC boots up in the new scene and...
  9. polonel

Not exactly. What I'm looking to do is have an Enemy character cast a spell every X seconds and that spell drop a particle effect on the Player location. As in a DamageZone that the player has to move out of but spawned at his feet. I want this to happen regardless if the Player was hit with a...
  10. polonel

I want to spawn a particle system at the player position when using the magic item, even if the character cannot get hit with a raycast. Is this possible with the current setup or will need something custom?
  11. polonel

UCC & UIS integration conflict with each other

When using both the UCC and UIS integration, not all variable types get loaded. A conflict exists with both integrations using "SharedItemDefinition" variable types. As a temp workaround, I renamed UIS ItemDefinition to "SharedUISItemDefinition". Just don't want to have to rename after every...
  12. polonel

Projectiles are fired in character movement direction

@Justin Any news on the cause of this?
  13. polonel

How to instantly set where the player is looking?

This is why I had to disconnect the look ILookSource. What I found was that the character would rotate but the head would remain looking at the direction the camera was facing. I will also note that it may be a bit different for me because I am using the FinalIK integration.
  14. polonel

How to instantly set where the player is looking?

I needed something similar during cutscenes. (As well as being able to move the character) The only way I was able to accomplish this myself was to detach the Camera Controller ILookSource from the player and then execute a look at target. When my cutscenes start I call...
  15. polonel

Thanks. A solution would be much appreciated.