Recent content by peetlepapers

1. P

How to create custom throwable action

I want to create a custom thowable item action that uses unity phyics with a rigidbody instead of opsive, also I don't need the trajectory. What is the best way to approach this? It seems like I need to create a new ItemAction since the ThrowableAction depends on TrajectoryObject - which I don't...
  2. P

Camera stuttering when strafing while turning

okay it seems to be (mostly) mitigated if i switch the character update location to Update instead of FixedUpdate. What are the downsides of using update?
  3. P

yes. seems to be caused by a specific type of movement where you are trying to kind of circle around something while looking at it. I dont really see anything change dramatically in the profiler when I just strafe without turning vs strafing and turning. https://streamable.com/j9rdi6
  4. P

pretty sure its not low framerate since in the video u can see in the first example I am hovering above 60 & in the second im around 50 but the camera is smooth.
  5. P

I have been trying in vain to identify the cause of this issue for a few weeks now. If I strafe while rotating the camera it jerks as if it keeps jumping back to the previous frame or something. It seems this is caused by the camera controller as if I create a new camera that is a child of the...
  6. P

Lerping Between Presets

The preset system seems pretty useful but I wish there was a way to lerp between presets. I have been thinking about ways to implement this and am wondering if anyone has any ideas / input. The desired behavior would be for a preset (or even a specific property of the preset) to be enabled as...