Recent content by Pedro

1. P

Server-Authoritative Multiplayer Using UFPS

Robert, are you maybe running into an issue of root motion animation vs the first person physics based movement? I haven't used the first person mode but if you're running first person mode on the client and third person on the server, maybe your movement on the client is based on the physics...
  2. P

I haven't looked at Mirror yet, but from what I've seen in Photon Bolt, there's a server coordinated time delta which is supposed to compensate for timing issues in movement and coordinate movement within a certain time instead of framerate based.
  3. P

Robert, I've also just started looking at server authoritative movement. May I ask what system you are planning to use? Mirror, Forge, Photon Bolt or something else? If you do get this working I'd be very interested in some information as to how you've done it.
  4. P

[Bug] Material doesn't have property _MainTex

I'm running into a similar problem when using Unity with URP. Except the errors are: Material doesn't have a texture property '_BaseColor' Material doesn't have a texture property '_BaseColor' UnityEngine.Material:get_mainTexture()...
  5. P

Magic and Reload animation

Is there a way to trigger a "reload" animation when the ability is set to magic? I don't need the reload inventory logic as I'll handle that in my own code. I just want to trigger an animation that prevents them from casting a spell till it is done and then somehow issues an event or notifies...
  6. P

Possible bug in Wander logic

Thanks. Will try these workarounds.
  7. P

Just to update. I've noticed some other unexpected and hard to reproduce behavior during wander. Sometimes a character will just start walking in circles (spinning as if the turning key is pressed) and only "snap out of it" if it is nudged either by another wandering character or by some object...
  8. P

Standard prefab for both main and ai characters

I managed to sort of fix it by using some of the code from: https://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/uma-2-howto.14/ However, that didn't work on its own, I had to remove the CharacterIK script from the UMA prefab entirely and add it using AddComponent only after the SetUMAReady call back...
  9. P

The character is a humanoid but it's using UMA and UMA takes a while to create the character Avatar for the Animator (even with the skeleton pre-made). I ran some testing attaching a script that monitors the .isHuman of the character and it could take up to half a second in some cases. Because...
  10. P

The CharacterIK error is causing more problems than I initially noticed since it blocks many abilities from working. It seems what's happening is that when the character is instantiated from the prefab, CharacterIK is calling the following code before the animator recognises the object as...
  11. P

Ok, got it. Will use that. Does the Behavior Tree only use NavMesh for all its movement?
  12. P

I found what seems to be a bug in the wander logic. If I place another character (or object) in the path of a wandering character the character will be blocked by that object and will be running in place pushing up against it but will not try to go around it or turn around and will only continue...
  13. P

Spawn UCC prefab, switch between AI and playable

This code was very useful! One important thing I found missing from the above mentioned code when using with a behavior tree AI is that the NavMeshAgent ability would need to be added to the character controller as disabled and then enabled for a behavior tree AI. I do something like...
  14. P

I was able to use that post as a base to get this working. However, when instantiating a UMA character (with a bone structure), I get the following error: Error: The CharacterIK component only works with humanoid models. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)...