Recent content by omg_ketchup

1. O

MagicItems Cast Actions Delay and Inspector issues

Hey, I've been working with MagicItems again, and I'm still experiencing the issue with the Delay not working. Spawning an Explosion object (with Spawn Object) and a delay of 0.1 seconds will not spawn anything. Setting it to 0 will work fine. If there's several SpawnObjects with delays, any...
  2. O

Is there a way to have Runtime Pickups just equip items, and not entire ItemSets?

It's gonna be a headache to dupe everything and change all the values, but this approach is definitely gonna work. Thanks for your time!
  3. O

Is there a way to have Runtime Pickups just equip items, and not entire ItemSets?

I would have bumped my old thread but I can't seem to find it. I'd like the player to be able to equip the same item into Slot 1 or Slot 2, like throwing a grenade with either hand. This part doesn't have to be through an item pickup- the player can choose an item from a list and decide which...
  4. O

Never mind, I was able to solve this using Categories! Thank you!
  5. O

Thanks for the input! I'm trying to avoid the UIS here, I feel like it's way too much overhead for what I'm trying to achieve. And I also think I'm not explaining myself properly here. And maybe the solution for me is to extend Inventory or ItemPickup a little bit, which is fine, but I think I'm...
  6. O

I'm having a bit of trouble with Runtime Pickup Items and the Item Sets. I have a working setup where I added items directly to a character, but I wanted it to be more modular, so I'm trying to convert these to Runtime Pickup Items. My current setup has 3 slots, each with a Shootable or...
  7. O

Field of View in TopDown ViewType

Thanks! I just hacked mine in for now, which is working fine, but I like to avoid editing the UCC scripts themselves.
  8. O

Field of View in TopDown ViewType

Hey, ran into some trouble with the TopDown ViewType. I'm looking to modify the FOV, and the m_FieldOfView and m_FieldOfViewDamping fields are not accessible in the custom inspector for the TopDown ViewType. Hoping we could expose them in there?
  9. O

MagicItem Events

Hey, Thanks for the update on 1 & 3. As for #2, I am recently getting inconsistent behavior on the same ability, so I must have a configuration issue. I'll dive deeper. I appreciation the clarification on the rotation/velocity stuff, this is very helpful. Hope you're enjoying the holidays!
  10. O

MagicItem Events

You are the best! Thanks Justin! One quick thing I also wanted to bring up- the rotation on Spawn Projectile seems to not respect the settings in the editor. Any rotation supposed to be applied to the projectile doesn't seem to have an effect on the projectile's movement direction. I also tried...
  11. O

MagicItem Events

Hey, I have a few questions about MagicItem. I've been working with it a while now, and I also got the last update which had a fix for my last thread, so I'm working with the latest version. 1) Is there a way to have a traditional Begin/Cast/Impact/Finish Events, or is there a way to add new...
  12. O

Magic using Mana Attribute

I'm also having trouble figuring out how to adjust the direction the projectile fires. I can only get it to go forward- I'd like to get 3 fireballs shooting at once, with slight angle offsets on each on to give a bit of a spread. The position offset works, but I can't seem to get the rotation...
  13. O

Apologies, I didn't see you had responded until now. I create a new MagicItem for the character. I create a CastAction to spawn a projectile. I'm including a screenshot of the MagicItem settings inspector, and here's a link to a GIF of the behavior: You'll notice that when the Mana2 is low...
  14. O

I have created a Mana Attribute, and a Magic Item. The Magic Item works properly- it fires a projectile at a target, applies damage, creates particles, etc. All good. Once I set the Magic Item to use the Mana attribute (selected from the dropdown, not typed in), it works properly UNTIL I have...